Prologue

Futureseeker dipped her ink stained talons in her ink pot. Visions flooded through her overly stuffed brain. She raked her brain for any important futures worth noting. 

Suddenly a wisp of an important vision floated through her mind. It was something big. Futureseeker quickly scrambled to get her important vision scroll. Her vision was about an IceWing and a NightWing. They would fall in love and run off to the night kingdom. But a war would start because the IceWing was the tribe's last animus. 

She could stop the war. She had to warn the IceWing. How would she make a difference? She could tell Foeslayer. She checked the paths up ahead. They seemed mostly good. She would tell Foeslayer to go to an island instead. Prince Arctic would hopefully agree with her. 

She had no time to waste, She had to go deliver a message to Foeslayer before the group set off to the ice kingdom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arctic was preparing to fly away from the kingdom that he had called home since he hatched. He wasn't sure he wanted to leave his rank and home behind, but Foeslayer made it worth it. 

He picked up a moon globe to light the journey to the island. Foeslayer had told him of this amazing island that they could bring their dragonets up peacefully. 

Arctic wasn't entirely sure he was ready to leave, but it was now or never. He soared into the air and flew around the castle until he reached Foeslayer's dorm. 

"Let's go." He hissed desperately. Foeslayer slung a leather satchel around her shoulder, and whispered, "Three moons, okay, stop being so uptight, this is what you want, right?" 

Arctic was about to say something, but he whipped his head around, and saw Queen Diamond. He yelped, "Let's go, now!". Both of them took off into the snowy night sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diamond hissed menacingly, her last animus was flying away with some, brainless excuse for a dragon. 

She gave chase, ordering her faster guards not to kill Arctic. If Arctic got away, there would be no more animuses. 

She knew she was never going to have eggs herself because her brainless husband had died. Suddenly, both of them vanished, never to be seen by Diamond ever again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Foeslayer had never expected to escape Queen Diamond and run away with her son last month. Last month, Foeslayer definitely would not have guessed that  in a month's time she would be expecting the dragonets of an IceWing prince. 

Arctic didn't know about his dragonets yet. She would tell him once she was sure that Queen Diamond did not know where they were. 

It had been a huge shock when Futureseeker had come unexpectedly up to Foeslayer and told her that she would fall in love with an IceWing and would have to run away with him. She told her that she must not return to the night kingdom otherwise bad things would happen. 

She just hoped she would not cause a war because she ran away with the IceWing's last animus...

A/N: I did it. I wrote my first chapter! Sorry if you hated it. If you hated it, go read something else. Feedback is great! If you want your OC put in this story, I will see if I can fit them in (I will give credit to you). Anyway, thanks so much for reading!

-SnowyNights12