"Um, wow," Sana breathed. "If she has that, why does she ride with you?"

"Like I said, it's showy. We try to blend in."

"You don't succeed." Sana laughed and shook her head as they got out of the car. She wasn't late anymore; his lunatic driving had gotten her to school in plenty of time. "So why did Momo drive today if it's more noticeable?"

"Hadn't you noticed? I'm breaking all the rules now." Tzuyu met her at the front of the car, staying very close to her side as they walked onto campus. Sana wanted to close that little distance, to reach out and touch him, but she was afraid he wouldn't like me to.

"Why do you have cars like that at all?" Sana wondered aloud. "If you're looking for privacy?"

"An indulgence," Tzuyu admitted with an impish smile. "We all like to drive fast."

"Figures," Sana muttered under her breath.

Under the shelter of the cafeteria roof's overhang, Jihyo was waiting, her eyes about to bug out of their sockets. Over her arm, bless her, was Sana's jacket.

"Hey, Jihyo," Sana said when they were a few feet away. "Thanks for remembering." Jihyo handed Sana her jacket without speaking.

"Good morning, Jihyo," Tzuyu said politely. It wasn't really his fault that his voice was so irresistible. Or what his eyes were capable of.

"Er... hi." Jihyo shifted her wide eyes to Sana, trying to gather her jumbled thoughts. "I guess I'll see you in Trig." She gave her a meaningful look, and Sana suppressed a sigh. 'What on earth was I going to tell her?'

"Yeah, I'll see you then."

She walked away, pausing twice to peek back over her shoulder at them.

"What are you going to tell her?" Tzuyu murmured.

"Hey, I thought you couldn't read my mind!" Sana hissed.

"I can't," Tzuyu said, startled. Then understanding brightened his eyes.

"However, I can read hers - she'll be waiting to ambush you in class." Sana groaned as she pulled off his jacket and handed it to him, replacing it with her own. He folded it over his arm.

"So what are you going to tell her?"

"A little help?" Sans pleaded. "What does she want to know?" Tzuyu shook his head, grinning wickedly. "That's not fair."

"No, you not sharing what you know - now that's not fair." Tzuyu deliberated for a moment as they walked. They stopped outside the door to her first class.

"She wants to know if we're secretly dating. And she wants to know how you feel about me," Tzuyu finally said.

"Yikes. What should I say?" Sana tried to keep her expression very innocent. People were passing them on their way to class, probably staring, but she was barely aware of them.

"Hmmm." Tzuyu paused to catch a stray lock of hair that was escaping the twist on her neck and wound it back into place. Sana's heart spluttered hyperactively. "I suppose you could say yes to the first... if you don't mind - it's easier than any other explanation."

"I don't mind," Sana said in a faint voice.

"And as for her other question... well, I'll be listening to hear the answer to that one myself." One side of Tzuyu's mouth pulled up into her favorite dimple smile. Sana couldn't catch her breath soon enough to respond to that remark. He turned and walked away.

"I'll see you at lunch," Tzuyu called over his shoulder. Three people walking in the door stopped to stare at her.

Sana hurried into class, flushed and irritated. Tzuyu was such a cheater. Now she was even more worried about what she was going to say to Jihyo. She sat in her usual seat, slamming her bag down in aggravation.