Chapter 3: Girlfriend?

Julie was understandably surprised by the sudden visit but you were on another level of bewilderment.

You invited Rem inside and you introduced her to Julie.
You then tell her how you met her and Rem explains her world to you and Julie.

"Hmmm another world huh? And here I thought (Y/N) would be lucky enough to land themself a girlfriend."

"Hahahahaha kill yourself"

Rem was shocked by your words to Julie but you reassured her that in this world it is common for banter amongst friends to be with harsh words.

But she was still very confused and uncomfortable at the culture, so you apologized to Julie.

"But man you being teleported here would mean there exists multiple worlds in the universe"

"Sure hope one of them has no Julie"

"Shut up dork"

And then both of you apologized to each other for Rem.

"So uh Rem-san what bring you here? We did see you back in the café and I touched your dress...Sorry if that made you uncomfortable"

Rem shook her head.

"I'm here to pay my debt to (Y/N)-san"

She bowed

"They have given me so much than what I can give and I have to repay their kindness"

"Kindness? This dork? They've been really mean to an innocent maiden like me and Fritz"

You burst out laughing at Julie's statement and Rem breathes a sigh of relief seeing you and Julie.

After laughing for a while you ask Rem why and how did she get a job that quickly.

And then Rem gave her recollection of the events

Rem woke up early in the morning and left the apartment quietly, she wanted to give you something in return for what you did and went to the local market.

And as expected she couldn't read any of the signs, she wanted to go and exchange some of her belongings she brought to the pawnshop but it was too sentimental.

She then spent the afternoon sitting in the park and people started to take pictures of her while she was sleeping, this made her trending across the internet.

Many people liked the photos taken of her sleeping face in the park and many became interested of her because of her unique clothes.

When Rem woke up she saw so many people with cameras and flashes and ran. She felt scared thinking they might've been a threat.

While listening to the story you went to check your socials to see the mentioned photos of Rem, she became embarrassed when she saw the pictures.

Back to the story, as she hid from the sudden paparazzi she was caught off guard by a manager of a local café, the café was fairly new but not many people came. So the manager offered Rem work in the café.

And then the rest is history.

You and Julie looked at each other and gave a slight giggle.

You reassured Rem that you weren't laughing at her more like laughing for her. The context was funny enough for Julie to tell Fritz so she goes on her way and says her goodbyes to both you and Rem.

You were both alone again in your apartment, Rem then asked you again to let her stay in your apartment until she can get a foothold of this new world, and of course you accepted.

Seeing as she will be living with you for awhile you went out to go buy food for 2, you invited her to go so she can familiarize herself of this world.

With the money you had, you had to be cheap and went to the convenience store to buy dinner. Rem was diligently studying her surroundings trying to understand your world's technology while also asking you for help in reading labels.

You eventually settled in microwave meals and bought 2

Walking back home, remembering the day which was yesterday it really felt surreal. Rem was walking next to you taking in the silence of the city occasionally broken by the cars driving by.

You wanted to break the silence but she seemed content with it, the cold breeze made it rewarding to eat the pre-heated meals.

It was a whole new experience for Rem, She enjoyed every bite but ready made meals can only give you so much, And so she was left unsatisfied.

Knowing your living arrangements she felt bad for making you buy an extra meal, but you reassured her saying its no problem, she then retorted saying "it is a problem" and so she reached in her pockets to give you the money she earned that day.

You were amazed by the amount and asked her how did she get so much for what you thought was a minimum wage job.

She then explained that her presence in the store made it so popular that the manager begged her to keep working there and so gave her an early bonus

"I guess business must be that good. Maybe I should be a maid waitress too."
Rem giggled at your joke and gave you a smile to live for.

After dinner the two of you went to prepare for bed separately of course, and before you went to sleep on the couch you wished Rem goodnight and she reciprocated.

But before you could end the day with some much deserving sleep, your phone blared up and as you went to pick it up you hear Fritz aggressively asking if you just got a girlfriend and so you hang up and put your phone on silent and went to sleep.