Bonus Chapter: A morning with Jason

Start from the beginning

I listened to his boots on the stairs, then the sound of the front door opening and closing. A minute later his car started up and then he was gone.

"Timmy?" I called out then.

"Yes daddy?"

"Come here."

"No."

I shook my head and with a groan, pushed out of bed. The floor was cold against my feet and by the time I reached the bathroom door my body felt like it used to after a long day of working at the ranch.

"What're you doing?" I asked him and he looked up at me.

He had bunny in the sink full of soapy water and toothpaste.

"Bunny dirty."

"No he aint."

"Yes Bunny dirty."

"You're just wasting Michael's water."

He frowned at me even though I knew he didn't even know what I was saying. "No."

"Yes you are."

"No, Bunny dirty."

 I went to stand beside him and we both looked down at Bunny. "I just washed him like last week."

"No."

I bent to kiss his chubby cheek, then I reached over to the rack and grabbed a towel.

"Let's dry him off no-" I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror and that's when I noticed them; the marks.

Hickeys and bruises. I shifted to the side so I could see myself better. There were hickeys on my neck, my chest, my arm; just a few of the places Michael's mouth had been. Then there were the bruises. They were on my upper arms and just above my waist; just a few of the places he'd held on tight.

I turned red right up to my ears and I was glad Michael wasn't here to see. I touched one of the marks and I felt the butterflies in my stomach, because I knew they would stay there for a while. When I saw another one on my shoulder, I touched it too, then I smiled.

I had sex with Michael.

Me. Then he'd let me stay with him after...for the whole night.

I remembered all of it. I remembered how good he'd made it feel and how it felt when he'd wrapped me up nice and tight and how strong he was.

Timmy turned on the tap and I reached over to turn it off.

"Bunny's cleaner than you are." I told him, then pulled the stopper in the sink and let the water drain out.

"Daddy no." he started whining when I squeezed the water out of Bunny and wrapped it into the towel.

"Here." I gave it to him, then helped him get off the stand.

"Bunny not—"

"He is. Come on." I said and he followed me out of Michael's room.

He pointed to the staircase when we were passing it. "Micha down?"

"No, he's gone."

"Micha gone?"

"Yeah, but he's coming back for us at twelve."

"Tweve?"

"Yup. So we gotta choose something really good to wear because we're gonna meet his momma for the first time."

He followed me into our room and then into our bathroom. When I picked up my toothbrush, he went to go sit on the floor.

"Michael says she's real nice." I told him. "And she likes kids, so she's gonna like you."

I squirted the toothpaste onto the brush and stuck it into my mouth. Of course she would like Timmy. He was a good kid and he was real cute, so she had to like him. I looked at myself in the mirror as I brushed and I could already feel myself getting nervous.

I wasn't good at meeting people. I always said the wrong thing...even if I practiced what to say before—I always fucked up.

"Daddy, Micha down?"

I shook my head and continued to brush. Michael and his folks were pretty close so I couldn't fuck it up. I just had to be nice and smile and tell her the food was good even if it wasn't.

I rinsed out my mouth, dropped the toothbrush back into the cup and washed my face.

When I was done, Timmy followed me back into our bedroom, then out the door. I picked him up when he got to the top of the stairs and I could feel the wet bunny he was holding pressing against my neck.

"See Micha now daddy?"

"He aint here. I told you."

I took him to the living room and set him down with the million and one toys Michael had gone and got for him, then turned on the TV so he could watch his cartoon.

"You want your grapes?"

"Yes."

"Yes what?"

"Yes want gwapes."

"No... you're supposed to say...Nevermind." I left him and went to go get them in the kitchen.

I checked the coffee pot first. It was still warm so I poured a cup for myself, then went and got Timmy's grapes. Michael had packed them in one of those big plastic containers he kept around the place.

I opened the fridge, moved some of the other food around and pulled it out, then I picked up my coffee and headed back to the living room.

"Come sit up here." I told Timmy and he got up and climbed onto the couch beside me.

I watched him open the lid and stick his hand in.

"Some?" he was holding one of them out for me and when I leaned over and opened my mouth he stuck it in, then he took one for himself.

"You excited to meet Michael's mom?"

"No." he said, the juice from the grape dribbling down his chin.

I sighed. "Yeah, me neither."

AUTHOR'S NOTES

JUST A LITTLE BONUS TO WET YOUR APPETITES! -A quick peek into the mind of our Jason.

-DoUbLe.A

-unedited.