Mini bonus chapter: One late morning

Bonus Chapter

There were two understandable reasons why the three of us were packed in my bathroom the next morning—One; we were late and two; last night Timmy had wet my bed and by extension…me.

I had managed to grab a shower earlier on and had placed Timmy in the tub, when Jason came in to finish up while I shaved.

I watched them now in the bathroom mirror, while being ever careful of the sharp razor I held between my fingers.

“Gimmie your foot.” Jason was telling Timmy, who held onto his father’s shoulder while presenting him with his right foot.

I continued to watch as the little guy reached back into the water for one of his toys with his free hand and almost slipped as a result.

“Can we just focus on one thing at a time please?” Jason asked him in irritation and I grinned when Timmy sought to argue in his usual gibberish. It was a shame we wouldn’t be able to go through his words with him today. I didn’t like him missing his practice.

I splashed my face and dabbed the towel to dry it, just as Jason lifted his son from the tub and wrapped him into the large white towel which had been hanging on the rack.

“Go get ready, I’ll dress him.” I offered and with a nod, he handed me the wiggly Timmy and left the bathroom.

I stuck my head out the door just in time to say; “Put the sheets in the machine for me.”

“Yeah.” I could hear him scooping up the pee-stained pile I’d dropped in the corner earlier and a moment later, I was left alone with Timmy.

I set him on the bed and ran the towel through his curls while he fought to keep his middle and forefingers in his mouth. When I reached for the clothes Jason had spread out on the naked mattress, Timmy began with his usual protestations.

“No Micha. No cose.”

“You have to put your clothes on, we’re going out remember?”

He shook his head and for a minute I fought with him to get his arm through the armhole, until my actions proved futile.

“Please? Can you put it on for me?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Cause no cose.”

I shook my head. “That’s not even a sensible argument.” I took hold of his legs and attempted to get the big-boy briefs on and he fought me every step of the way.

“No Micha. No cose!” he all but screamed at me and I scooped it all up and grabbed him too and made my way out the door and down the stairs.

The morning wasn’t going as well as I’d hoped. Though to be fair, I’d been the one who’d all but forgotten Kyle and John’s invitation to spend the day with them on Kyle’s father’s yacht. In fact if Kyle’s hadn’t been Kyle and rung me at an ungodly hour this morning to remind me, I’d have slept the day away. Now we were late and I didn’t think it right to cancel after refusing their first invitation weeks before.

I sat Timmy down buck naked on the kitchen counter while I poured him a bowl of cereal, then transferred him to a seat at the dining table while I finished up in the kitchen.

I grabbed his lunch box, rummaged through the cupboards and pulled out a few of his favorites snacks, grabbed a banana from  the counter, a small bag of grapes and two juice boxes from the fridge and stuffed it all into the lunch box.

Then I crossed the room, passed the eating Timmy in the dining room and retrieved his discarded bag from the living room floor, where I then took up the extra clothes and swim trunks from the couch where Jason had left them when he’d gotten up this morning and stuffed them into the bag. I also grabbed a few toys, his crayons and coloring book and stuffed them into the bag as well.

It was a miracle I managed to find a thing in the place with the way Timmy threw things around. When I next entered the kitchen, I poured the steaming coffee Jason had also put on earlier, into two lidded mugs and closed them.

By the time I opened the front door, as crash sounded from the dining room and I rushed in to see the entire bowl of cereal spilled on the floor and Timmy looking up at me with the guiltiest expression on his sweet face.

I sighed. “It’s alright, it’s not your fault. You want an apple instead?” I asked him and when he nodded, I lifted him from the seat and out of the general space of the spilled breakfast contents and handed him an apple from the counter.

He watched me while I cleaned, and by the time I’d thrown the cereal bits into the bin, Timmy handed the uneaten apple back to me and I was made to cut it up and hand it back to him in a plastic bowl. This time he ate.

“Jason, come on, we’re late!” I called up to him and a moment later I heard his quick footfalls on the stairs.

When he entered the kitchen he shook his head. “I thought you said you’d put some clothes on him.”

“I tried.” I told him with all sincerity before handing him both mugs and Timmy’s lunch box.

Then I ran to the living room and grabbed Timmy’s bag and of course Timmy, then we were finally and thankfully out the door.

Timmy was strapped into his car seat, enjoying the cool breeze on every inch of his naked flesh, while Jason took up residence in the seat beside me up front.  I started the engine, then reached back to pick up the thin blanket we always kept in the car for Timmy.

He raised his bowl of apple slices to allow me to lay the blanket over his lower half and not a moment later we were backing out of the driveway.

Jason propped his feet onto the dash, flipped the radio station and took a sip of his coffee and exactly half an hour later, we were cruising along the highway. Late, but certainly making an effort.

                                     AUTHOR'S NOTES

THOUGHT I'D GIVE YOU A PEEK INTO THE LIVES OF THESE THREE. THIS TAKES PLACE THE VERY NEXT DAY AFTER THE EVENTS IN THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER.

ENJOY.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

-DoUbLe.A

-unedited.