Burned Fur: Chapter one

Webber's all eight eyes opened and was greeted by the sunlight he winced from the contrast that his morning gaze depicted. He crawled out of the destroyed spider cocoon which was followed by a long stretch of his back and back legs, he then stood up and stretched again, feeling surprisingly great. Just as he was about to go, his spider appendages perked up, He turned and they were pointing in the direction where he was resting then he heard gentle growls from the same direction, he peeked into the inside of the silky cocoon and saw two spiders still sleeping, he smiled but with a tinge of guilt, he reached out to one of them and petted them gently with his fuzzy palm.

"Sorry for breaking your home." He said, he left them to their slumber.

He put his hand into his jet-black chest, and in his thick fur he pulled out a papyrus map, he put it on the ground, and with a piece of charcoal he scribbled down a drawing, something that looked like a crudely drawn castle.

'it's gonna be a massive fortress! We gonna build it all by ourselves! Sooo much wood will be needed.. maybe the spiders can help...' He thought to himself.

Then he heard his stomach rumble, he sighed and hid his map in his fur. He needed to find something to eat, he took a look at the spiders sleeping in the cocoon once again and started to snarl, but he quickly shut his eyes and shook his head.

'They're my friends! I cannae do that!' he thought to himself. Then he heard a noise coming from one of the bushes, a Jackalope jumped out of it, Webber got down on all fours and crouched on his front arms.

'... Red Meat.' That was his only thought before he charged at it. The Jackalope noticed him, straightening its back and then running away and Webber was just behind him, on fours he chased it through the foliage and the field, snarling and gargling like a rabid animal.

The brown jackalope and the spider boy traveled quite a distance, none of them knowing how far they were going, through the fields, nearly tripping over the stone road and finally ending up on the dry ground.

The rodent took some turns and zigzags but Webber copied the Jackalope's exact movements. Just as the Jackalope was about to make it to its warren, Webber sunk his fangs into its tiny body and crushed it, only letting out a small squeak. He breathed heavily, his eyes being slightly purple. He slowly returned to reality and looked around where he was, he was now on a biome with taller dry grass, beefalo, and manure. Webber looked around again and spotted some human figures in the distance, he didn't give it a second thought and just hid in tall grass and started to nibble on the rabbit's leg, Saliva dripping from his mouth. He observed the figures and paid close attention to the smaller silhouette in particular, something familiar he saw in that shape, one was a woman with long inky ponytails the other was the golden lock girl he met yesterday. His two hearts speed up from stress which is very audible for him and distracting, he just stares into the distance trying not to get spotted.

"Alright, I guess we split up here, the forest is nearby. Charcoal, you know?" Said the woman with a surprisingly high-pitched voice.

"Had no issue with you doing that earlier... I'm just going to collect some manure since someone killed our Beast of solitude. " Said Wendy and a strange ghost flew over her head, it looked like it was guarding her.

"Beast of solit-"She whispers to herself and her eyes widen in realization. "Oh! Elizabeth! Oh it's a shame, she was nice... but I guess I liked her better when she was on the grill, oh well we'll get another I'm sure, maybe a green one?"

"Don't care which one, as long it provides us the fuel for the plants," Wendy said in a very bored tone of voice.

"Well I'm off, don't get yourself killed." The woman with inky ponytails shouted that as she run off, from the yellow plain she run through the tall dry grass.

Webber saw that she was heading in his direction, he closed his eyes and clenched his appendages and she nearly stepped on him, he held his breath, looked behind him, and took a gasp of air.

'That was close' He thought to himself, his mind scolded him and Webber closed his left pair of eyes in discomfort.

"No promises." She says, the ghost looks at her angrily and she just moves her head in annoyance. "Existence is pain... and this." she points to the pile of manure, she takes a small brown bag and a shovel and put it in a bag, not using her hands, how civilized.

Webber wrinkled his nose bridge in disgust. He returned to his rabbit, grabbing it by the leg and ripping and swallowing it whole, he then decided to do the same with the whole mangled body to scoff it whole, and with little difficulty he did and licked his muzzle covered in red blood, he then realized something morbid.

'This woman said she's going to get charcoal...The forest... oh no... no no no! our spider friends!' He thinks to himself and on his back legs and front arms he starts walking, however, he forgot he lost focus.

"Stop." He heard a light voice behind him, and he froze. "How do you do... Webber right?"

He turns his head, his appendages raised high in the alert.

"Your footsteps are very light..." He says stunned.

He sees the ghost, Who has a very angry look in its ghostly eyes, the ghost changes its shape into a large mouth and tries to go for him, its hands appear also charging, he lowers his head and arches his back, and bares his teeth but shakes in fright. Wendy steps in between them both and the ghost look still furious but confused, the ghost vocalized angry wispy noises.

"Relax Abigail, You're going to make him pee himself... He's no threat." She reassured the ghost and it changed her shape into a neutral ghostly shape, even her ghostly sharp hands disappear.

"Abigail... that's your sister?!" He says out loud, still in a defensive position.

"yes." She answered.

"And... she's a ghost..." He asked to clarify.

"And you're a spider, I'm sure it isn't that weird if you think about it a bit more." She scoffed with a glare.

"Yeah great~ Well we'll gonna be on my wee way, goodbye!" He says anxiously and runs off.

He runs along and stops at his pace as in his path a spear stops his run, The spear vibrating a bit from being thrown into the ground. He lets out a startled yell.

"You too, relax... Answer me some questions."

He stands on his both legs, like a person, and has an uncomfortable expression on his face and his body is very stiff.

"We don't want to fight you, we are kinda in a hurry. Your friend there, she's gonna-"

"It'll take a moment, what were you doing here?" She asked

"Hunting, eating, living my-" He growls and hisses, he straightens up and he repeats again "living our life... Aren't we allowed to do that?!" He says again but with a more angry tone.

Wendy squinted her eyes and Abigail let out a low sizzling noise. She steps closer to Webber and he snarls at her, signaling he is feeling threatened.

"Alright, and why are you in such a hurry? We have a little bit until winter."

"I'm sorry but we aren't in a mood to play today 'cause your friend is gonna burn down my home and my spider friends!" He says, feeling frustrated and his patience running out.

"Oh..." She sighs "We might be a bit too late for that, I'm afraid." She says as yellow, red glow is being emitted from the forest, wicked laughter coming from the woods.

"No!" He screams in and jumps to his fours and runs towards the fire. Wendy and Abigail are left behind.

The sky darkens from the smoke and everything has more of a grey tone to it than it usually does in this miserable world.