Ch. 11 | Bracelet and More (?)

Beginne am Anfang

"Tuna, Tuna" he spoke while making a funny gesture.

"Money ?" I question.

"Salmon!" he nods while enacting another confusing motion.

"Bag ?" I struggle to guess.

"Salmon! Tuna!" he formed a signal indicating me to focus.

I squint my eyes and put my brain on max power mode. He began to use his whole body to make different gestures and signs.

"Toge.. You look like you're trying to play twister by yourself.. Don't you have your phone or something ?" I laugh at him as he deadpans and snatches his phone out of his pocket.

'Shopping' was all it read.

"Ahh okay, well wanna help me train a bit ? And I'm asking you because you're gentle and understand my current issue." I roll my eyes while pointing down at my leg.

He lets out a soft chuckle before nodding and leading the way to the field.

After training with Toge and the others, we all came in to rest in my dorm.

"Here you guys go." I toss them each a water bottle from my, self bought, mini fridge.

"Thanks Y/N" Maki said while unscrewing the top and chugging the water.

I hum in response, flopping on my bed and resting my arms behind my head, leaving us to sit around in silence.

"Hey, Y/N," I look up at Panda seeing he was holding onto a framed photo, I hummed to let him know I'm listening, "who are these people ? Your parents ?" he pointed at the other two people in the photo, I make my way over to him.

"Oh yeah, my mom and dad. This was taken back when I was like 9 years old, we went out to the newly opened carnival to celebrate. They always did something big when my birthday came around." I phrase the last sentence a little bitter, being brought back the memory.

"You look a lot like your mom." Maki turned her head back and forth from me and the photo.

"Salmon!" Toge agreed.

"Thanks, but I usually got told I look more like my dad. Although, there was only one person who said I was the perfect outcome of both." I contort my face in anger and disgust at the evocation.

"Mm.. Well, we should be heading back to our dorms now. It's getting late and I'm pretty sure we've got missions tomorrow." Maki sighed in exhaustion.

"Yeah, I probably will too. Maybe lower grades than usual with this injury, though." I look down at my healing shin.

"Yeah, most likely. Be careful though and goodnight Y/N!" Maki and the others bid their farewells as I closed my door.

I begin to change into some sleeping wear and as I was about to plop on my bed there was a knock at my door. I groan at the devastating impediment and drag myself to the door. I open it and standing right in front of me, the man who vanished for the whole day.

"Okkotsu ? What are you doing here ? And why have you been gone so long ?" I immediately shoot him with questions causing him to slightly move his head back in shock.