Top Gun (2)

The sun shined through the hotel window as the alarm was blaring beside me. I rolled over and hit it with my hand. I sit up and Bradly was still sound asleep in his bed. 
"Bradly!" I call.
Nothing, that man could sleep through a fly by during a Metallica Concert. I get up from my warm and cozy hotel bed and hit him hard with my pillow.
"I'm up, I'm up," he sits up abruptly. 
"Good cab will be here in an hour and we have to eat." 
We pack up our things and get changed into our flying clothes, both of us had some of dads patches sewed on onto our own jackets, we brought our bags with us and went to eat, leaving right afterwards. 

~|~|~

We landed on the flat part of our ship somewhere in the ocean. Phenix and Bob got there on the flight before ours and Hangman and Mustang come in on the flight after. We head inside and meet up with the others, once the last two planes land we head to the classroom to be briefed on what the mission was going to look like.  We were all chatting when the head of Top Gun Vince Admiral Cyclone came to the front of the room. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, much to my dismay your instructor for this mission is here and ready to "teach you", so please be respectful and try to absorb all he has to give you," he seemed about as enthusiastic as a post. 
The familiar sound of pilots boots came clicking from the other side of the classroom. Walking to the front of the room was none other than Uncle Mav. Bradly's jaw tightens and he shifts in his chair. I sit up straighter, Maverick looks directly at me and my brother. 
"Introductions, I am Maverick, don't bother with first names I won't use them. You go." 
"Hangman, sir." 
"Mustang."
"Phenix."
"Bob." 
"Hurricane."
"Jumbo."
"Rooster."
"Hawke." 
Uncle Mav nods and still looks at me and Bradly. 
"I am your instructor, and we have a difficult task a head of us. I assume all of you have memorized the F/18 mannuals?"
We all nod and mumble in agreement. 
"Forget the manual."
I look at Bradly with a strange eye.
"This is an underground nuclear plant being made by some of the lesser friends of the United States. We are going to pay them a visit. This is the trip box for the security underground, we need to avoid notice and hit that box twice. Easy right? Wrong, this box is located in a dip in the cannons meaning it is low and straight up."
"Thats impossible sir," Bradly says.
"Well thats why I am here and you're here. So let's get started, first training session starts in ten minutes, I want to see what you are made of."

The teams went like this: 
Pilots:               Look outs:
Phenix             Bob
Hangman       Mustang
Rooster           Hawke
Jumbo            Hurricane

We loaded into our planes but Maverick catches Bradly before we get on board, 
"Rooster! Rooster! Bradly!" he calls.
I turned before Bradly did and Uncle Mav caught up to us. 
"Bradly." he says huffed.
"Hailey get in the plane, I'll be there in a minute." 

I go and stand by the plane, I could see them getting heated. Bradly was close to Uncle Mav's face and was not backing down. 
"What's going on Hawke?" 
It was Phenix
"Bradly and Maverick are discussing things," I say not taking my stare off of the two. 
"Discussing what?" 
"I don't know." 
"Woah what's with the drama over there." 
"Shut up Bagman," Phenix said. 
"Hangman!" 
"Whatever." 
"What's Rooster and Maverick talking about looks like he is gonna kick some ass." 

Bradly comes over to me at the plane, "get in." 
"Yes sir." 
I follow him into the plane and Phenix gets into her plane, and Hangman into his. 
"What was that about?" 
"Nothing, don't worry about it." 
"Bradly."
"Never mind Hawke. We got to fly." 

The plane reaved up and the adrenaline pushed through my vains, 
"Lets hit it, Rooster!"
The plane took off and sped up, and we came to a steady altitude meeting up with the other pilots. All of a sudden a plane came shooting up between our plane and Phenix and Bobs. 
"What the hell was that?" Bradly asked me. 
"I don't know," I look everywhere out of the window. 
"Attention Pilots this is your captain speaking, welcome to the first day of training, let's see what you got."
"Got me, Hawke?" 
"Got ya Rooster, hit it." 
He speeds the plane up and goes after Maverick. 
"You got Hangman on your ass." 
"Alright." 
He breaks left and avoids him, locking right back on Mavericks plane, not letting him out of his sight. 
"Shit, where'd he go?" 
"You got two planes on the right and one about a mile back."
Ding, "Who was that?" Bradly asks.
"Us," Hurricane said, "Got us from the left side. 
"Good to know." 
We keep flying trying to come up on a sneak behind Maverick.
Ding, "Shit!" Phenix yells.
"Thats Phenix and Bob down," I say.
"That leaves us and Hangman." 
"Yes sir."
Bradly keeps trying to hunt Maverick down, "Where the hell is he?" 
"Right here." 
I slowly lift my head and look above us, "Where is he?" Bradly yells.
"Look up." 
"Shit, shit, shit!" he presses on faster. 
"Need some help buddy?" Hangman asks.
"Even if I did, I wouldn't ask you." 
"Ouch," Mustangs laughs. 

No planes were around us, it was a waiting game now. Ding. I flinch looking at the controls, it was Hangman and Mustangs plane, "Oh my god." 
"Where is he?" Bradly asked sharply.
"Hello!" Maverick sings, I look behind me, "Shit." 

Ding.