chapter 13

Paris had decided she could no longer stay with her grandmother. She didn’t feel comfortable with the staff staring at her and keeping quiet when she entered into a room where it was obvious conversation had been in full swing. She’d decided to stay at the new pent house her father had just rented her. She had called him and had told him she had deferred her admission but had failed to mention why she had done so. Tanya was so relieved that Paris was back, but the girls didn’t have the slightest clue as to where their friend had left school to go to. Even Monica knew nothing of the whole mess. She hadn’t been contacted and when Luis called her two weeks following Paris departure to college, she was shocked to say the least. ‘Luis I don’t know where my friend could be right now.’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         ‘Can you just help me find her?’                                                                                                                                                                                               ‘But –’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ‘You’re my only hope now. Her cell hasn’t been going through and I don’t know what to do’                                                                                                                                                                        ‘Okay, I’ll see what I can do to help.’ She said and then put a call to the girls to find out where they all were. They all seemed to be at home at that particular instant and she told them to arrive in ten. On getting to her home Monica informed the girls of Paris’ disappearance and how important it was that they find her. Within four minutes Belinda had called Luis’ body guard. ‘How did you do that?’ Monica asked looking weirdly at Belinda. Belinda narrated the hoax of how she’d gotten him to think Paris was being stalked and for him to watch her every move, he had noticed she had left the pent house a few days back and had not left suite 65 for days. Monica called Luis back and told him just that. She didn’t see the need to tell the girls about Paris’ pregnancy or the fact that Luis still didn’t know anything about it.

‘She’s in suite 65.’                                                                                                                                                                                                                       ‘Thank you so much.’                                                                                                                                                            ‘Any time. You owe me big.’                                                                                                                                                                                                                         ‘Sure Monica. I really have to talk with you regarding Paris. Are you at home right now?’                                                                                                                                                                                               ‘Yes? Why?’                                                                                                                                                                                                                           ‘What I have got to ask you can’t be said on the phone.’                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ‘I’m home. How soon should I expect you?’                                                                            ‘Soon.’ Was all he said before the line went dead. She just shook her head and walked into the kitchen to make a slight snack. At this stage of her pregnancy she was getting hungry a whole lot. She sat down and was content that her friend was safe. Paris had her worried. I hope this ends well. She’s a good person and deserves only the best. You have to help her. She really needs Your help.