chapter 11

Paris shared the news of her parents expecting .the girls were very excited about it all since they had been at the wedding and Monica had caught the bouquet. Just as the girls were leaving to run some chores, Paris felt a lurch in her heart. Lord please, guide him for me. Protect him for me and Chelsea too. Please don’t let me lose him. She went around the house picking up her things into her suitcase to leave for college. The very next day Monica was the last to join them for breakfast at Paris’ dads’ house. ‘Have you girls seen this?’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          ‘Seen what?’                                                                                                                                                                           ‘Vanessa would be so shocked.’                                                                                                                                                                                                    ‘Lisa put it beautifully.’ Belinda said sipping coffee as she looked at the paper Monica just gave to her. The others were still in theirs. Monica read, in a whisper ‘the popular Spaniard every woman wants for herself was engaged to Vanessa miller. Known as Vanessa parker. Was engaged? Yes. Was engaged. Their engagement ended about three months ago. Luis now is being seen with a beautiful woman who he seems to be in love with. Sorry Vanessa, your engagement was not announced but the break up was……                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   ‘That was totally beautiful.’                                                                                                                                                                                                  ‘I told you.’                                                                                                                                                                                                            ‘That is not even the reason I came over.’ Monica was saying when Paris interrupted her.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ‘what – ’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  ‘you know I only just started opening the wedding presents we got –’                                                                                                                                                                                                    ‘ what happened?’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              ‘Look at what Luis, Chelsea and Paris gave me for my wedding!’                                                                                                                                 ‘This is beautiful!’ Paris said looking at the diamond choker.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         ‘The note said you had a matching one?’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ‘A lot must have happened when I was in hospital.’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ‘You were in hospital?’ Tanya and Arnold both exclaimed as they turned from the counter.                                                                                                                         ‘It was nothing.’                                                                                                                                                                                                            ‘It’s no wonder you spent so long without contacting me.’                                                                                                                               ‘Dad it was nothing.’                                                                                                                                                                                                ‘How long were you hospitalised.’                                                                                                                                                                                                                ‘Three weeks.’                                                                                                                                                                                                                         ‘Three weeks!!! Why didn’t you call –’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ‘I was in a coma.’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ‘Paris! That serious? You didn’t even mention it when you arrived.’                                                                                                                                                                                                              ‘That’s because you worry too much. I am fine.’                                                                                                                                                                                                                          ‘You should have called.’                                                                                                                                                                                                        ‘Why? To get you worried. I can’t let you worry over nothing. You worry unnecessarily –’                                                                                                                                                                                    ‘You’re careless Paris.’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ‘But dad – ’                                                                                                                                                                                                ‘Don’t.’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      ‘I’m sorry I didn’t call.’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ‘Now that’s my baby. Come on, there’s something I want to show you.’