Chapter 8- Should I just forget about this?

As the months went by, Shen Qingqiu started to become restless. Of course, he was glad that his Qingge was closer to him, there's no doubt about it. However, it just was taking too long. He'd given Liu Qingge many hints and deliberately went out of his way to make Liu Qingge flustered. Yet, what was it for? He didn't notice! But he didn't want to rush things at all. What if his shidi only thought of him as a good friend? Just that thought alone broke Shen Qingqiu's heart. Could he ever be more than a friend to him?

He was very thankful to Luo Binghe as he offered to help in many ways. But it just seemed hopeless at this point. Liu Qingge didn't like him back no matter how hard he tried. He felt so stupid. This stupid crush of his has been going on for years and he's never made any progress. What made him think that it would work now that they're older? Liu Qingge was oblivious. That's how he always has been and that's how he'll always be.

Shen Qingqiu slammed his forehead on the table.

"Woah, let's not do that here da-ge." The headmaster of An Ding said to his upset friend.

"Qinghua, it'll never work," Shen Qingqiu whined. This behaviour was usual for Shen Qingqiu when he was with Shang Qinghua.

"There there," Shang Qinghua said as he patted the older's back.

"Qinghua I don't know what to do," Shen Qingqiu's voice was muffled.

"Well, if you think that it's not working, or feel like giving up, then do it." Shang Qinghua said shrugging. Shen Qingqiu shot up and glared at the other.

"What?! Shang Qinghua what are you saying!?" He shouted. Oddly relaxed, as if he knew something Shen Qingqiu didn't, Shang Qinghua continued.

"What I'm saying is that if you truly think you can't go on with whatever situation you and Liu Qingge have, then quit. It's alright to feel like that." He sipped his tea and watched the confusion on Shen Qingqiu's face.

Shen Qingiqu was lost. Wasn't his shidi one of the people who helped him, who stuck with him this entire time? What does he mean? Did he really want him to quit? Was it because he was tired of hearing Shen Qingqiu complain all the time like he was some lovesick teenager? It just was all so confusing.

"Of course, if you quit, that means you are emotionally ready to give everything up. So it really is up to how willing you are to lose it all." A wave of realization crashed over Shen Qingqiu. So that's what he meant! He always had faith in his shidi (most of the time) and never doubted him.

"Qinghua you..." Shen Qingqiu smiled a little mischievous smile. Shang Qinghua returned it, and then drank his tea.

"But what if I don't want to stop completely?"

"I don't know? You could try doing something out of the ordinary that's directed specifically towards him. He surely isn't that oblivious. Besides you guys are close now." Shang Qinghua shrugged again.
"Like what Qinghua? There surely isn't anything of the sort?"

"There isn't or are you not willing to?" Shen Qingqiu's eyes widened. Was he really not willing to, in case he hurt Liu Qingge? He wanted to know how his shidi felt about him, truly! But how far was he willing to go?

"Shen-xiong, there's a simple solution. Just ignore him. Of course it's pretty lame and unoriginal but it's proven to work." Shen Qingqiu flicked his eyes up to Shen Qinghua.

"Alright." And that was the end of the conversation.

God did Shen Qingqiu wish he didn't do this. It was so painful to see the disappointment in Liu Qingge's eyes. He felt so terrible. It has only been a couple of weeks. Just a few weeks of Liu Qingge being turned down and receiving the cold shoulder from Shen Qingqiu.

How would Shen Qingqiu be able to keep up with this? He's been running all over the place to find reasons to avoid Liu Qingge and his entire building. He hated how big Cang Qiong was most of the time. For whatever reason,no matter where he went, Liu Qingge would somehow appear near him. It was driving him insane.

However, there was an "amazing" turning point for Shen Qingqiu. He was invited by Qi Qingqi (the headmaster of the Xian Shu building. Xian Shu is the girls only building where they are taught proper etiquette amongst other things.it's basically there to keep worried parents at bay)to lunch. It's strange but he doesn't think too much about it.

"Shimei, I heard a rumour about your school," Shen Qingqiu said. Qi Qingqi's gaze was now on Shen Qingqiu. Her expression was a mix between interested and offended. Shen Qingqiu smirked slightly and then continued.

"I heard that many of your girls are...lesbians," Qi Qingqiu raised her eyebrow. It was nerve racking when she didn't say anything.

"O-of course it's fine!" Shen Qingqiu was so nervous. His shimei is known to have a fiery temper and a loose tongue. But none of that compares to just her silence. She put down her fork and drank out of her glass.

"Xiong, speaking of rumours, I do have some things that regard you." Shen Qingqiu's blood went cold. What did she possibly have to say? There weren't many rumours that Shen Qingqiu didn't know about himself, if he had any at all! Sensing his nervousness, Qi Qingqi continued.

"There's a rumour going around the staff saying that you aren't interested in Liu Qingge anymore? Is this true?" Of course it was about that. How could he expect no one else to notice it? Shen Qingqiu cleared his throat.

"Well rumors are just rumors," he tried to brush it off. He knew his shimei wouldn't ignore the blatant lack of answer, but he hoped it would be enough.

"I see." She didn't push further? That was beyond baffling.

The rest of their lunch went well. In the end Shen Qingqiu learned more about his shimei than he'd ever known before. How bizarre. He also found that his shimei had an extremely good sense of fashion. And overall, he found that it was really easy to share the gossip he's been harboring for the past couple of weeks.

That lunch helped a friendship grow. But it caused a prior friendship to be forgotten. 

---------

I like the idea of Qi Qingqi being a big gossiper and knowing everything that happens. Any predictions for the next chapter?