Chapter 1- "Do you need my assistance?"

"Oh my, hello," Shen Qingqiu said with a neutral smile as he approached Liu Qingge who was on his way to leave. Of course though, to get to the door he had to go through a crowd of people. And the best part was that the one person that he didn't want to speak to, spoke to him because he had to go through that crowd. So much for "getting lost in the crowd." Shen Qingqiu was the headmaster of the Qing Ding building (where they teach arts and other crap), and of course, the honoured guest of this party. Somewhere, somehow Yue Qingyuan, both Shen Qingqiu's and Liu Qingge's boss convinced his Liu-shidi to make an appearance at this stupid party. In all honesty, Liu Qingge doesn't really like Shen Qingqiu, which made persuading him much more difficult than it should've been. To Liu Qingge, Shen Qingqiu was a very snobbish, prideful, and arrogant know-it-all who always wanted to pick fights with him. It's been like that since their school years at their respective schools. But whatever, Liu Qingge made his appearance, and that should've been good enough. But of course, there's always more.

"Hello." Liu Qingge said gruffly.

"Did you just arrive?" Shen Qingqiu asked, glancing over to the door and back at him.

"I was just leaving,'' Liu Qingge said, continuing his path for the door. Shen Qingqiu grabbed his hand, causing Liu Qingge to pause.

What was going on? Was this some prank? Liu Qingge turned around to see a warm smile (a genuine one, not those lame-ass fake ones) on Shen Qingqiu's face. This was the first time Shen Qingqiu has ever directed something of this manner towards his shidi. Was he drunk?

"Liu-shidi, won't you stay a bit longer? Let's get a drink," He said, voice soft and...kind? Liu Qingge was on the defence. Was this truly another one of Shen Qingqiu's pranks? Was he planning to get his shidi a drink, and then push him into the pool? It would be expected. However, although he was suspicious of shixiong's inventions, he still reluctantly nodded his head.

"Great!" Shen Qingqiu said, clapping his hands fondly, then picking the younger's hand up again, dragging him through the crowd.

Eventually, the pair got their drinks and ended up on the back patio. It was very beautiful. There were orange fairy lights strung across the beams, and the pool was very still as it reflected all that was outside. Liu Qingge and Shen Qingqiu were conversing in an area that was near the pool, but also close to inside. Liu Qingge didn't know how many drinks he had before everything started to become fuzzy.

"-shidi? Liu-shidi? Liu Qingge!" Shen Qingqiu said, noticing the lack of attention he was being given.

"Apologies. I think I should be going," Liu Qingge said hastily.

"Do you need me to walk you back to your car?" The words barely registered in Liu Qingge's head. Maybe he was drunk.

If only his shidi wasn't drunk Shen Qingqiu would've kissed him right then and there. His face was so flushed, that Shen Qingqiu could only wish that it was because of his flirting. Granted, he can't flirt, but one could only imagine. And he could also imagine doing the most shameless with his shidi... He shouldn't be thinking such things! Especially in this setting! How would he explain his boner if he continued? This wouldn't do! All Shen Qingqiu could do was wallow away in his thoughts.

Shen Qingqiu glanced down at his almost empty glass. He was pouting slightly, then he felt a tug on his shirt sleeve.

"Car..." Whatever else Qingge said was slurred. Damn, this could be such a great opportunity.

"Shidi, do you need my assistance in walking?" Shen Qingqiu asked, slight amusement present. Even though he was drunk, Liu Qingge wasn't wasted. Qingge shook his head and started walking a bit too fast. Shen Qingqiu followed behind him, just to make sure. That probably wasn't the best idea Liu Qingge made. But hey, he could say that he was drunk.

Qingge probably should've walked slower especially in his drunken state. Because of his stupid decisions, his ankle rolled, causing him to fall backwards. Oh, there's Shen Qingqiu! Liu Qingge grabbed onto his shixiong in hopes of grounding himself. That didn't work. Instead of only one person falling into the pool, two fell in with a loud splash.