"Good morning!" An old lady waved with her furry pooch parading proudly next to her on a leash.

"Morning!" I waved back and smiled to myself. The neighborhood was friendly and quiet. There was no known crime in the area. I've never felt this safe living back in Chicago. Our house has been robbed twice over the years and even now, my parents are keeping all their doors under five locks just in case.

I gazed at the two cars parked in our driveway - Ian's Chevrolet Camaro in bright yellow and my timid white VW Polo GTI. Thinking I'd need to drive my baby to a carwash, my eyes trailed onto a shiny black convertible parked in a driveway across the street. The view out the window from last night popped back into my head and I felt my thighs spasm, with a warm slithering gush filling my core. Heavy curtains were all rolled shut now on the contrary to last night. Why would they keep their private encounter out for everyone to see? I'll never understand it and doubt I'll ever want to. Ok, it did make me hot and bothered, but it won't happen again. I can control my impulses without the need to push my boundaries.

Continuing to absorb the morning view, I slurped on a now lukewarm brew when the front doors in the house across the street opened wide and a pretty blonde woman from last night stepped out towards the car. Seconds after, the man in a casual jeans and red sweater followed her and shut the door behind him. Striding towards the lady, the hunk rudely cupped her asscheek as he approached her and opened the passenger's doors. She could be a hooker but ladies of that profession don't sleep over. Or do they?

As I was about to stand up and sneak back inside, the man raised his ocean blue eyes at me. A playful smile danced on his lips and a carefree wink sent my body into a temporary frenzy. Did he just wink at me? Shit! Off you go, Sam! Inside! With my heart in my throat, roaring ever so loud, I pressed myself against a cold wall behind the closed doors and held my breath feeling hazy. Hearing a blaring ignition of a powerful engine and tires squeak in an overlap, only then, I could finally exhale. What the hell is wrong with me? Why in the God's name was I so intimidated by this stranger?

Meow ran over my feet, brushing its tail over my bare ankle and I jumped at least few inches up in the air. With my heart still thudding fast, I jolted up the stairs and ran into sleepy Ian.

"Hey, babes. What's up?" He yawned, rubbed his frowning face and tottered towards the bathroom.

"Good luck with your audition! I'm off to town to get some food shopping done." I blurted quickly, trying to sound as normal as ever.

"Thanks!" Ian blinked heavily then shut himself in the bathroom.

I kept reminding myself to breathe when I came back to my room and went through the wardrobe. After quickly texting my friend Anna to meet up for coffee and cake, I slid into a pair of skinny jeans and a bright pink polo shirt. 'It's spring - I can pull off the new trends in colorful outfits', I thought to myself and peaked out the window to check whether it was safe to go outside. The convertible was long gone.

"Phew." I sighed and bracing the odd flutter in my stomach, went outside.

***

"Sam!" Anna waved sitting at a far end of local Starbucks in central Compton.

Displaying her perfect round curves in a tight satin blouse and a short mini skirt, Anna had her strawberry blonde hair half-tied in a messy bun and looked as flawless as ever. She was already in a showbiz, if dating a rich guy, who's directing low base underground thrillers, count to that. I've scanned her on my way to the table and planted a short peck on her rouge cheek, then sat down in front of her.

"That guy at the check-out. Oh my..." She breathed enthusiastically and waved the hand for a fan in front of her face, covered in heavy layers of make-up.