Prologue

SUMMER, 2013

COLLEGE GRADUATION

"No! Let me go, you freak!" I shrieked, my voice hoarse through a bruised throat.

"You'll like it, Sam, don't fret."

"Dan, please." My muscles were slowly giving up on me from a constant pounding to his chest.

With his hard body pressed onto mine like a fierce iron brick, I felt Dan's disgusting rough hands brush against my inner thigh. Lifting the folds of my yellow summer dress, he tore my panties with a swift of his hand and I could no longer process the world around me. Shutting my eyes, with all the strength in me, I tried to float my mind elsewhere. Although my body was being assaulted, I was afraid my soul would be fouled too. Permanently.

"Oh my God, Sam, you're so tight. I always wanted you." He spoke, breathing his stink into my face as the first thrust went tearing me in excruciating pain, making my head fall sideways with a loud thud. "That's it! You love it, admit it!"

I shook my head hysterically but after several tortuous thrusts, I knew there was no other option but to lie still until it's all over. With my legs limply spread to the sides and hands laying flat on a cold concrete in dark Dan's parents' basement, I closed my eyes and felt the agonizing tears burn my cheeks.

Daniel and I have been best friends since college freshmen year. He's always been there for me and never, in my worst nightmares, have I imagined our friendship taking such a nasty turn. From the very first day in our arts classes, we'd sit at the back, giggling and drawing silly things in our notebooks. And although we were both single at a time, I could never imagine Dan being more than a good friend. When he realized I'll never love him more than a brother, Dan took it as an insult and as a price, I had to satisfy his animalistic needs. When I said no, he didn't take it lightly.

"Some graduation party, eh?" He groaned through his teeth but I could barely make out his words. The mumbles became a static noise that slowly faded into nothingness, as my mind flipped and shut out the world around me completely.

I woke up few hours later, with shiny blue bruises on my legs and breasts, barely able to stand up on my trembling feet. Taking a deep breath and focusing all the strength that's been left in me into my legs, I ran for my life and didn't stop until I reached my dorm room.

"What happened?" My roommate Kelly asked.

She stood admiring her newly pressed graduation Diploma scroll when suddenly; her eyes stumbled upon my round red and blue bruises. Her jaw dropped and before she could say anything else, I whimpered in distress, "call the police. I've been raped." I leaned back to the closed door, succumbed on my knees and tears started streaming in harrowing rivers.