SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
DETECTIVE DUMBASS

"Y/n!? Can you hear me?" Chiaki calls as she lowers Y/n's limp body onto the floor.

"W-We'll check it out.. you stay with Y/n!" Kazuichi weakly orders, Chiaki nods and the others rush over to the beach house. Not long after, you can hear their yells and the chaos inside. It's not hard to guess what's going on.

(i can't be bothered to have a scene changing y/n's outfit pretend it magically goes back to uniform)

Chiaki drags Y/n off the main path for a moment and goes to check who it was.

"H-How!? How could this happen!?" Kazuichi screams, holding his head in his hands and pacing around frantically, Hajime is completely the opposite, he looks horrified, he's stuck in place and won't look away from Mahiru's body.

He seems to calm down a little while Monokuma hands out the Monokuma file.

Chiaki decides to let everyone else investigate while she waits with Y/n until she wakes up, so she makes her way back around to the path, and there she is. In the same place.

*+•.

She woke up fairly quickly this time, Akane helped take Y/n over to the beach, Chiaki just sat in silence with her, letting her rest her head on Chiaki's shoulder.

"What.. time is it?" Y/n stretches and sits herself up properly, in that amazing few moments where you don't remember anything after waking up.

"Almost 4.30. Are you okay?"

You can see the exact moment she remembers what happened, her relaxed face dropped almost immediately. "Mahiru.."

Chiaki just shakes her head. "They're investigating right now."

"..Why aren't you?"

"..Someone had to wait with you." She looks away and begins to stand up. Y/n can't understand what her tone meant at all and it bugs her majorly.

Just as Chiaki's helping Y/n up, Hajime walks over. "Y/n, you alright?"

"Fine." She rubs her eyes.

"I.. I was just about to go check out the Twilight Syndrome game again. You guys wanna come?"

Both of them agree, and they all go over to Jabberwock Park. The walk there is painfully awkward. Awkward between Chiaki and Y/n for obvious reasons, and awkward between Y/n and Hajime for other obvious reasons. They all just walk in silence and the weight is majorly lifted for a millisecond once they arrive, but instantly doubled when they see who's standing there.

"Hello there, Hajime, Chiaki and Y/n. I'm glad you're all doing well.. I think.. Y/n looks a little rough." Nagito gives them a friendly and welcoming smile.

"Nagito!?" Hajime exclaims.

"It feels like it's been ages since I've spoken to you guys, even though it's only been a couple days.."

"Why are you here?" Chiaki tilts her head in confusion.

"Oh, don't you Ultimates and Hajime worry about a loser like me. I heard Mahiru was killed this time, such a shame. I would have happily taken her place.. but at least you guys get to shine, since this outcome is so full of despair, right?"