CHPT 4 - "Fake Friends"

3RD POV:

Chay had woken up earlier this morning to take a shower, yesterday night was filled with accidents here and there that all he wanted to do was sleep off the worry inside of him. But that was another unforeseen problem; he couldn't manage to sleep well that night, the word "Innocent" kept reappearing to haunt his sleep. What made him so innocent in other people's eyes?  That morning chay had woken up, he had bumped into Macau in the hallway leading to the bathroom. The only bathroom with a shower in it. The encounter was relatively awkward between the two because when Macau had asked to borrow a school uniform from Chay, all Chay could do was stutter. He couldn't help but still be flustered by what had happened the night before. Maybe Macau thought it was entertaining because he kept staring and Chay's every move, watching as his lips let out unformed words. After handing over one of his uniforms all he could do was unbelievably stutter more than he already had in the last few minutes of taking to Macau.

Macau insisted he was going to dine at school with a couple of his friends, and Chay didn't bother to make him eat anything this morning, because all he wanted to do was to completely ignore those big brown eyes that stared so deep into his soul it sent goosebumps through his whole body. "Fine" Chay had announced turning his back to face Macau as he left through the front door. Chay had been preparing a bowl of cereal  for his morning breakfast on the countertop.
Porsche had called at the usual time, asking how things were going with Macau, and all Chay had said was "Okay" trying to not remember that someone like Macau was going to be sleeping in the room across from his tonight — someone with such an alluring and dominant aura, that it scared Chay sometimes.

Once Chay had arrived at school he looked around for Aroon and Som, the only people he hanged around with, while on campus. He had a plan in mind, if he wanted to stop being so innocent he knew the exactly the place to go. Even though Aroon and Som looked innocent in the outside he knew how they really were, they were always willing to hook up with random girls around campus. However, they weren't bad people at all, they were actually very kind to Chay and everyone else around them. After wandering around for some time, he had found them playing rock paper scissor in the back of the building. Quite childish if you ask Chay, but it was nice knowing his friends still had that amusing side to them.

"Som, Aroon!" Chay greeted his friends waving to get their attention.

"Chay is that you? Where have you been these days?" Aroon couldn't believe it was truly Chay, somewhat worried about where he had gone these past few days, but mostly glad he was alive...not that their would be a reason he wouldn't be alive.

"Yea, you've been missing from the grid. Have you been ignoring us?" Som's facial expression seemed to be more than angry at Chay. Som was like that, dramatic and unpredictable like a child.

"Ah no no no, I've been busy studying for exams at home." it wasn't a lie, but rather an excuse to be alone.

"And you couldn't invite us? We could have studied together like always." The truth was Chay liked being alone, feeling the presence of anyone else felt odd. Aroon and Som had been his bestfriends for years now, but they wouldn't understand how he felt. They always cracked jokes and smiled at each others goofiness' but Chay would only feel alone in a room filled with happy people, and they would feel awkward to see him act in such a depressed manner.

"Sorry..." was the only thing Chay could form. "Ah, damn it doesn't matter." Som waved his hands reassuring Chay it was fine, but the look of irritation continued to show.

Chay began to question whether he should really ask for their help. Because whenever he did, something always went wrong. Like, terribly, wrong! All the questions being shoved into Chay like "Why do you look so pale?" or "Wait, why haven't we seen you around campus?" etc etc, where suddenly interrupted, "Actually I need help from both of you..." Som and Aroon stopped to take a good look at his friend. Chay wasn't like before, he had changed, but they never knew what had happened for him to change so drastically. It worried them, but it wasn't like them to pressure Chay into telling them something he wasn't comfortable speaking about.