CHPT 1 - "Good Old Me"

ringggg ring ringggg!

The telephone rang disruptively, and at every pause Chay couldn't help but panic. It was his brother calling, he knew it. By this point it should be called a morning tradition. He knew how much Porsche would worry about him being late to school, so he made sure to call every morning in case Chay "overslept". He even called on the weekends just not in the morning. Which was nice because he could sleep in a bit longer.

Before the phone rang one last time, Chay swiftly grabbed the handle and picked it up aiming toward his right ear.

"Hello?" Chay said softly, his morning voice was always like this. Which he hated, why was it so soft and delicate. "Did you oversleep?!" ... "No! Why would I? I was just... making myself breakfast." Replied Chay hoping his brother didn't notice he was peacefully slobbering on his pillow case about 10 seconds ago.

"Alright, alright!" Replied Porsche with a approachable tone. Considering he now slept next to Kinn every night, he was more approachable in the mornings.

"I CANT FIND MY UNDERWEAR!! PORSCHE DIS YOU STEAL MY UNDIES!!?" yelled Pete across the phone. This abrupt and sudden noise made Chay's ears ring in pain. Why did Pete always have to be dramatic? Maybe it was all those years serving master Khun that turned him into... into what he is now. But what in the world was Pete doing with Porsche at 7:00 in the morning?

"Pete!! I don't have them okay! Ask your boyfriend where they went. For gods sake maybe he took them!" yelled Porsche. "I don't have them, but if you want you can search them on me." replied Vegas. Even though Chay wasn't in the room with them he knew the way Vegas was grinning, and if he guessed right, Pete was smirking right in front of Vegas, liking the way Vegas teased him all the time. "It's too early for this" thought Chay, he was too innocent to be listening to these things.

Porsche got on the phone again, and took a big breath in, before saying "Sorry, I'm sorry you had to hear that"... "It's fine. Why are Pete and Vegas with you so early in the morning?" Asked Chay. "Oh actually, I was going to ask you if you wanted to come to Macau's birthday party this Saturday?" as Porsche finished the question Chay instantly felt his heart tighten, the calmness in his mind turned into calamity. The thought of having to attend a place where Kim could also be. It shook his ground, it also messed with the little tranquility he had in his life.

Maybe Porsche knew what Kim and Chay had, Porsche always knew things. How? Nobody knows, but he knew about Vegas and Pete before anyone else. So what's different here? Every time someone brought up Kim in front of Chay, Porsche would change the subject in a flash. So maybe he did know. "Hey? It's going to be a small event. Macau doesn't like big parties. Actually he's very shy when it comes to those things." reassured Porsche, hoping it would ease his brother up a bit. "Really?" ... "Yea! Actually the event will be held at the minor family house. It's just going to be us 3 and a couple of Macau's classmates"

For a brief moment there was silence. Both brothers were trying to find the right words to communicate their thoughts. Even though Kim might not attended, what if he showed up? It's what he did best. Always showing up in the most unexpected events.

"Vegas asked Pete to help with the preparations, and Pete asked me to help...Would you like to help out after school?" Porsche knew his brother was lost in thought. He knew how hard it was to experience the pain that came with love. Kinn and him went through it, but of course they overcame it. Chay and Kim? They fell apart completely, there was really nothing holding them together, other than after school music lessons.

"If it's okay with Vegas, then ...sure" Chay had to hold his breath to keep himself from stuttering a few words here and there. His left hand fidgeting with the tip of his shirt, hoping to release the tension he had built up.
"Im sure he's okay with it, Pete has wife duties that need to be done. After all, the more, the merrier" Porsche tried to be lighten the mood with his jokes, but it was of no use. He felt guilty for ruining his brothers day so early in the morning. "Uh, well, I'll call you later then. Love you" responded Chay. Porsche replied back with a "I love you too! Take care!" and hung up a couple seconds later.