one

November 2020

Indigo's foot taps rapidly as she awaits news, sitting up in the hospital bed. She had got to know this hospital like a home, having spent so much time here.

Whatever the doctor says, can change everything. "Relax, Indigo" her mom's soft voice consults her, rubbing her back.

She hears the clock ticking..

tic tok
tic tok
tic tok
tic tok

The door opens and the doctor comes in with a wide grin on her face. "Indigo.." Dr. Clemons says, still grinning.

My heart drops.

"Dr. Clemons don't play with me." Indigo shakes her head, her mom tears up. "Bring it in guys" the doctor calls out and some of the nurses wheel in a huge bell, smiling just as hard as her doctor.

"Stop.." Indigo puts her face in her hands, sobbing, as the bell rings loudly. "You are now cancer free!" The doctor exclaims, handing her test results.

Indigo covers the paper in tears, finally after six years, she wasn't sick anymore.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Indigo Roberts ~ 2:22 AM - Seattle

"Indigo bring ya ass! It's too damn early fa this" my mom calls me from downstairs. I sigh, getting up and grabbing my suitcases. I look around my empty room one last time.

Today, we were moving from Seattle, my birthplace to Florida. I got cleared a couple weeks ago to be back to 100% mobile.

A year ago, I was pronounced cancer free, after being diagnosed with stage three stomach cancer when I was ten years old.

I've been basically living in the hospital ever since, trying to beat it. It was hell every single day.

"Indigo Imani!" My dad calls me this time and I rush down the steps. "Sorry" I apologize and my Dad shakes his head.

"No worries" he smiles and my mom rolls her eyes. "You spoil her so much" she smiles at me too.

1:07 PM

We land after what felt like an eternity. I hadn't been on a plane in so long. We pull up to this nice ass house in Fort Lauderdale.

My dad was in the military, so he just asked to be transferred. We all wanted a fresh start, especially after I got declared cancer free. I just wanted to be a normal teenager.

"Grandma and Grandpa live close to here right?" I ask my parents and they nod. "Your auntie lives right down the street too.." my mom says and I nod.

"I know, I texted Violet" I smiled. Family has always been an important part of my life, they were all I had.

Violet was my bestfriend since day 1, even before that because our mothers were pregnant together. She's like my sister, even though I haven't seen her in a while.

"You can go ahead and see her, the movers will take care of your room" my mom shoos me off, but I sit there confused.

"Are you gonna take me?" I ask and my mom shakes her head. "They live down the street, like actually" she laughs and sends me the address.

5 minute walk, not too bad. I'm so excited to see Vi. It's been too long.

We had been keeping contact over the phone, but it was different in person.

I walk up to the house, but the door opens and Vi pushes my auntie out of the way, running towards me.

"Indigo!!" she squeals, hugging me tightly. I smile so hard, I haven't been this happy in a while.

Life was so bland, mostly just the hospital, chemo, and physical therapy. But now that I'm better, it's not gonna be like that. I want to do everything I couldn't do when I had cancer.

I wanted free reign.

a/n: heyyy y'all 💕

welcome 2 the first mfkin chapter tell me if y'all rockin wit it n i'll drop some mo 🥰

𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒏जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें