Chapter 5: Style comes first

Your POV

As Matt and I were walking through the mall, trying to find a furniture store, we walked past a display of suits for men. Matt immediately stopped in his tracks and turned around, looking amazed at the suits.

"Matt, remember what Edd said, no distractions!" I scolded Matt.

"Come on, I'll take like 3 minutes." Matt retorted, annoyed. "Edd isn't the boss of me." He mumbled, walking into the store.

"Wait!" I shouted, following right behind him.

The shop was full of clothes and mannequins. Matt was trying to find the suits that were on display outside. A retail clerck came up to him.

"Do you need any help, sir?" The retail clerck asked.

"Oh n-no, we-" "Yes! Do you know where the suits are?" Matt interrupted me, pointing to the outside display.

"Follow me." The retail clerck turned around, walking to the men's section. Matt, of course, followed.

When we got to the suits, Matt started going through every one of them, until picking a few of his favorites.

"I can't wait to wear these every single day!" Matt lightly hugged the suits, trying not to crumple them.

"Matt, we don't have enough money to buy the bed frame AND the suits!" I exclaimed angrily.

"I'm gonna buy them with my own money." Matt stated, walking off to the dressing rooms. (Wait, he has his own money?) I thought to myself, forgetting that he was an actual adult and not just a whiny five year old. Well he was whiny.

Matt was now trying on a lot of suits while I was sitting there, waiting for him to finish already. I was really bored when I noticed a woman throwing a dress into the rejection pile. I walked up to it and grabbed the dress to see how it looked.

"This dress is beautiful..." I whispered, amazed. The dress was light blue with pink and yellow flower pattern. It had thin straps leading to a fitted bodice. The skirt was wavy and long, from the waist to the knees.

When Matt stopped being preoccupied with posing in front of a mirror, he saw that I was holding the dress and approached me.

"Are you gonna try it on?" Matt glanced at the dress, then me.

"No, I'm just looking... I really like it, though." I said.

"Then you should try it on!" Matt gave me a quick smile.

"Okay... I guess it wouldn't hurt." I shot an awkward smile back at him. I went to the dressing room and after putting on the dress I peeked through the curtain to see that Matt was eagerly waiting for me to come out. When I finally did, he looked at me in shock.

"You look wonderful in that dress!" He beamed. "You should definitely buy it."

"Oh... well... I didn't bring any money." I sighed. I thought I looked great in it, too. It was a shame, but that's fine. I can always buy another one when I have money with me.

"I'll buy it for you then." Matt offered. Well, it was more of a favour than an offer.

"You don't have to do that! You'll waste your money." I said, trying to reject the offer, but Matt insisted. "Think of it as a gift from you new roommate and friend!" Matt smiled. I finally gave in.

After a few more dresses, I totally forgot about everything. Hopping from shop to shop, we were trying on new outfits just for the fun of it, buying some in the process. It was then that I looked at my phone to see that we've been doing this for... 2 HOURS?!

"MATT! We've been doing this for two hours!!!" I panicked, remembering we were supposed to buy a bed frame. I looked at my phone again to see 4 MISSED CALLS FROM EDD! (Edd and Tom were probably waiting for us really long!)

"And?" Matt asked, being totally distracted by himself in the mirror to remember.

"We were supposed to buy a bed frame and meet up with Edd and Tom at the parking lot hours ago!" After I said that, Matt finally realised and started panicking as well.

"Oh no! We gotta go buy it... FAST!" Matt rushed out of the shop, taking off and dropping the coat from the store on the floor. (Ha ha, that rhymed) He quickly put on his original green overcoat and we fastwalked out of there.

We quickly found the furniture store and ran in. Matt checked his overcoat pockets for some reason. When he found nothing in them, his face turned pale. "What's wrong?" I asked, my voice filled with confusion and worry.

"The measurements... I don't have them..." Matt stammered.

"What?! Check your hoodie!" I exclaimed, checking my jean pockets, just in case. He shoved his hands in his hoodie pockets and pulled out a mirror. Just a mirror. "Dude, seriously?" I glared at him, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, how do you think I maintain this hairstyle?" Matt said arrogantly, pointing to his hair.

"Nevermind... Did you check every pocket?" I asked. Matt checked his front trousers pockets, but nothing. He looked inside his wallet, but, of course, there was only money. We were losing hope.

"Maybe it fell out at one of the shops?" I shrugged.

"Now we have to go check every single one of them?! Ugh... this is gonna take a long time..." Matt whined.

"Or we could just ask Edd-"

"NO!"

"Yeah, you're right... I told you we shouldn't have gotten distracted." I crossed my arms angrily.

We spent another half an hour looking for the measurements. Matt got exhausted and sat on one of the benches in the mall. Suddenly, a paper fell out of his back pocket. I picked it up, opened it and saw that it was the measurements... We both mentally facepalmed.

We returned to the furniture store and finally bought the bed frame, bringing this tiring mall trip to an end.

(This chapter is for Matt lovers, I guess. That's all... I have nothing else to say...)

(The Cuphead Show season 2 was pretty great. The cliffhanger is making me go insane because I can't wait for season 3 lol. If you watched it, what did you think?)