Chapter 4: Mall chaos

Edd's POV

I woke up with a light headache in my bed (I guess all that work yesterday must have weared me out.) The clock showed that it was 9:27. I could see beams of sunlight coming through the the window, confirming that it was morning already.

I got up from my bed and went straight to the kitchen. I didn't eat dinner last night so I was really hungry. When I entered the kitchen I saw Tom and Matt playing Uno on the couch while [Y/N] was eating cereal, sitting next to them. She was watching a game show Guess That Colour, where people had to guess the colour with smell and touch, which didn't really make any sense.

"Uno! Hah, bet you didn't see that one coming!" Matt cheered, placing a Wild Draw Four card on the deck.

Tom just smirked and placed another Wild Draw Four card. "Now you have to draw eight."

"Wait, you can't do that!" Matt protested. "I demand a retribution!"

"Do you even know what that means?" Tom asked, clearly knowing the answer.

"No, but I saw it on TV once and thought it sounded cool!"

I opened the fridge, founding nothing but a mere carton of milk and a can of Coke in it. Apparently, opening the fridge was the thing that got everyone's attention.

"Oh, Edd, you're awake!" [Y/N] muffled through all the cereal in her mouth. When she swallowed the cereal, she spoke again. "Sorry, I ate all the cereal, but there's still some milk in the fridge."

"Is there anything else to eat?" I looked at Matt and Tom.

"We didn't eat all the biscuits. There's that." Matt said. That wasn't really enough for a healthy breakfast, though. (Whatever... guess I'll eat biscuits and milk for breakfast.)

I took the milk out of the fridge and biscuits of the drawer. I poured some milk into my mug and sat down at the table, dipping a biscuit in the milk. I ate all the biscuits in one minute.

"We need to go shopping today." I said as I sat on a chair in the living room with a can of Cola in my hand. "There is nothing in the fridge." I took a sip of my drink.

"Yeah, and I should probably buy some school supplies for college since it's starting in a few weeks." [Y/N] said, taking a spoonful of cereal.

"Don't we need to buy a bed for [Y/N]'s room, too?" Matt asked.

"I guess we should buy that, too..." I sighed, thinking of how much more work it's going to take to make the bed. "Alright, then. We should get ready and go shopping!"

After we got ready, we drove to the nearest mall.

"So, here's the plan, gang!" I announced. "Tom, you and Matt are going to buy the groceries and school supplies for [Y/N]. Me and [Y/N] will pick a  bed frame and carry it to the car. We'll meet here again after we're done."

"I'm fine with that." Tom said. "Me too." [Y/N] added.

"Aww, but I wanted to pick the bed frame..." Matt sniffled. "Can I go, please?!

"No. You're going to get distracted."

"Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase!"

"I said no!"

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaa-"

"Fine! Here are the measurements and the money. Just give it to the receptionist and I'm sure they'll find the perfect bed frame." I gave up trying to reason with Matt's constant whining.

"Yay!" Matt cheered, taking the paper with measurements and the money from my hand.

"Let's go, Tom." I grabbed Tom by the hoodie, dragging him to the supermarket.