I started walking to the glass doors that divided the balcony and the library itself before sliding it open to one side and slipping out through the small space.

When I finally stepped out onto the balcony, I sucked in a much needed deep breath and exhaled slowly, trying to calm the nerves and bubbling up anger I felt towards the cold-hearted Sonia.

I could feel my insides boil as my thoughts flew on the note and how she practically accused me of being responsible for my brother's death.

I've heard about it all enough times and definitely do not need anyone to remind me and feed the guilt anymore.

A tear escaped as I thought about the words she used and I couldn't bring myself to wipe it away as it trickled down my cheeks and reached my chin as it dangled there for a second before dropping to the floor.

I closed my eyes as I felt the coming wind nearby and let it ruffle my hair and tickle my face. How did my life turn out like this?

I used to have friends, a couple of best friends but I doubted that they were genuine ones the second they left me after the accident.

I lived a sheltered life when Bryant was around. No guy would dare look my way and no one would dare to lay a hand on me.

Even Maddison took the liberty of threatening all the girls to back off from my hind. She was protective and she has power so it only makes sense that her words were to be taken seriously by the whole school.

Then that dreadful accident happened and look where that ended me. Being a pathetic pushover to protect my identity of an illegal street fighter. Ironic, no?

A voice calling out to me caused me to whip my head towards the glass doors that was still ajar from where I slipped through it.

My gaze turned to a glare when I saw who was standing there.

Penelope shuffled on her feet and fidgeted with her fingers as she dropped her gaze under my glare and flinched.

"What do you want?" My tone was harsh but I was past the point of caring and there was no returning.

I wasn't done. I would never be done.

"What more can you possibly want? Wasn't it enough? You can tell Sonia to fuck herself. You can go back scurrying to her and tell her that she better watch her back because I'm not going to stay silent and watch as she taunts me with my brother as bait. You can tell that motherfucking bitch to fuck off my case and to sleep with an eye open." I snarled and she winced at my tone.

As I said, I was at the point of no return. I'm not gonna stand watch anymore while she makes me feel like crap. Not when she brought Bryant up. Damn being silent to hell. This time, I'll fight back and this time, I won't lose.

"Your friend was never there, was he?" She whispered more like to herself but I narrowed my eyes as I glared daggers onto the crown of her head. If looks could kill..

"Don't you dare bring that up. That doesn't concern you anymore." I told her coldly and turned my back towards her, looking out from the balcony.

I heard footsteps approaching but I didn't bother to tell her to stop. I was too tired to care. It's been a year. Why can't they just leave me alone. "They'll grow tired of it," they said. "They'll stop eventually," they said. Well boohoo you mother-lying-geckos, look at what I'm going through now.

"You saved my life that day," she whispered softly and everything in me wanted to spit it all out. That I brought them to her, that I was dangerous, that she shouldn't be hanging around with someone like me because I was a bad influence to her. I was a trouble magnet.

I shuddered at the thought of the dream I had that night. I woke up this morning feeling like shit and looking like shit too.

I kept my mouth shut though, one wrong move and all will be revealed. She's a threat. She's with the enemy. With the girl who's life goal is to make my life a living hell for no apparent reason.

Fuck it to hell.

"I know you heard my conversation in the hall with Sonia. What I don't know is how much you heard-"

"I know enough." I interrupted her and glared at the ground a floor below us but she continued as if I didn't even utter a single word.

"I wanted to clear the air for you. Yes, I'm a part of Sonia's circle of friends-"

"More like bitches," was my snarky remark and she visibly winced at the term but didn't bother denying it.

"I can't justify the things my friends did to you and that's not why I'm here,"

"Then why are you here?" I snapped, loosing my patience with all beating around the bush shit.

"The point is, yes, I did befriend you because Sonia wanted something to hold against you but I didn't give her anything. I witnessed what you did for that old man who swept the road in the middle of the night and what you did for me." She explained, sounding desperate for my understanding.

I looked at her coldly, my face was void of any emotion but I managed to quirk an eyebrow at her in a challenging manner.

"And why in the world should I believe anything that comes out of your mouth?"

A pinch of hope decorated and lit up her face as she angled her body to face me.

"Because you saved my life."

I scoffed at her response, "That hardly changes anything."

She furrowed her eyebrows at me. "Yes, it does."

"No, it doesn't."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Ye-"

The sound of my ringtone sliced through the childish argument we had and I scowled as I dug into my pocket to retrieve it.

"Hello?" I snapped into it and shove a hand to Penelope's face to halt her words.

"Seriously, Pix. You need to get your ass checked up, who knows what Moffat's corpse can do to your sanity." Levy's voice rang through the line and I held in a small smirk.

"I'm a bit busy, dude." I was being evasive with mentioning Lev's name because Penelope's ears were practically prying into the call.

"Alright, alright. Chill. I just wanted to remind you about tonight. You should arrive there around 9, don't be late." His tone was light but there was a seriousness underneath it and despite my conscience coming up with a sarcastic remark, I bit it in and ended the call with a quick 'Okay'.

"What are you going to do tonight at 9?" I could feel irritation bubble up inside me as I shot her a warning glare.

"None of your bloody business." I snapped before turning around and fled back inside the building, leaving a gaping Penelope behind.

•~•~•

So sorry for the wait.

I am ashamed to say I laughed at reading the death threats y'all sent me in the last chapter. Trust me when I say my best friend took joy in knowing y'all wanting to hunt me down.

Gotta run, bye peeps!

Love y'all and stay awesome 💕 -J