Chapter 11: Books And Poets

A/N Just wanted to say that I'm writing a large portion of this chapter on my phone, so ignore any errors, I'll deal with them when I find them. -_-

Aether POV:

"Hi, Ayato. What's up?"

The head of the Kamisato Clan turned to me.

"Aether, you're here."

"Hey! Paimon's here too!"

I smiled and chuckled at the frustrated emergency food.

"Hello there, little ones. You've finally arrived."

Yae Miko gave me a sly smile.

"Well then, I suppose you know why you're here?"

I shook my head.

"No, I actually don't. Why did you call me here?"

"Yeah, Ayato, why are we here?"

"Well, since you know much about the other nations of Teyvat, you'll welcome some guests." Kamisato Ayato said.

"From other parts of Teyvat?"

"Yes. You probably know a bit more about their cultures."

I nodded.

"Okay, when are they arriving?"

Ayato handed me a schedule.

"The first boat arrives two days before the festival tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Already?" Paimon said.

I read the description on the schedule.

Large passenger ship, bards from Mondstadt, guest painter Calx, and his dependant. Estimated arrival time: 8.00 AM.

Okay, I have to admit that I immediately thought of the possibility that Venti might be on the ship. I shook my head lightly to get my focus back. I looked at Ayato and saw him grin at me.

"What?"

He chuckled.

"Nothing, nothing. Well, I have some matters to take care of. I'll leave this schedule to you, Aether. Good luck!"

"I have some matters to attend to as well. I'll be going now." Yae Miko said and walked away.

"Well, let's wait until tomorrow for the boats to arrive, Paimon wants to eat some delicious Inazuman specialties!"

The next day, I felt excited. The thought that I might see Venti later that day made me look forward to going to the docks even more. There was also this "Calx" that I didn't know. I had never even heard of him.

Paimon was also pretty excited. She too had assumed that Tone Deaf Bard was aboard that ship. She spent pretty much the whole trip from our teapot to the docks in Ritou talking about our adventure with Venti. It was entertaining at first, but about halfway into the story, she was giving me a headache.

When we arrived at the docks, the ship was already there. It seemed like it had arrived earlier than expected.

"Hello! You're here to take part in the Irodori Festival, right?" Paimon asked the Mondstadt bards that got off the ship.

"That's right. We heard of Inazuma's beautiful nature and cities and we're here to get inspiration." 

"Well, I know you'll find something. It's probably impossible to know what. Good luck!"

"Thank you!"

I looked at Paimon who seemed to try to see if someone was standing behind the bards.