Chapter 20: Shopping With The Girls .. and Keith

Start from the beginning

I snickered as Keith made a face. Belle hadn’t seen him.

“Yes please. We’re looking for dresses,” Natasha announced cheerfully.

“Dresses? Of course! Do you have a particular dress in mind?” She asked.

“I’d like a unique dress … maybe one with ruffles down the bottom,” Natasha said thoughtfully. “I don’t mind about the colours, just not brown or orange or yellow.”

“And what about you dear?” Belle asked Clara.

Clara shook her head and gave an apologetic smile. “I’m fine. I prefer to find clothes myself.”

“Of course, of course!” Belle agreed with a wave of her hand. She then turned to me. “And how about … oh! You were in OK!

“Excuse me?” I asked, totally confused as what she was talking about.

“Yes, that interview of Henry Parker and you! I’m so happy for the both of you! It’s such a pleasure to meet you Miss Watson.”

Oh. She meant that interview Henry and I had done long ago, when we had made up a story of how we met. “Um thank you and please, just call me Lainie,” I said awkwardly.

“Anyway, how would you like your dress?” Belle exclaimed, beaming.

It was funny how I wasn’t talented at all and yet Belle had recognised me. Here was Natasha and Clara who actually acted and they didn’t get noticed. But it was most likely due to the fact that both of them were minor actresses, not someone dazzlingly famous like Henry.

“Well, I want sexy but not slutty,” I ended up saying.

“Like a subtle sexy?” Keith suggested.

I clicked my fingers, impressed Keith had contributed. “Yeah!”

Belle gave me a mischievous grin, making me squirm a bit. “Impressing your man?”

My eyes widened and I didn’t miss the wink Keith sent my way. “No!” I exclaimed, a hot blush creeping up my throat. “Definitely not!”

“Whatever you say Lainie,” Natasha said cheekily. I glared at her because I had told her about the bet as well and now here she was making fun of me.

“Ok ladies, I will go and find some beautiful dresses for you!” Belle sang in an impressive soprano voice. “Feel free to look around as well!”

Clara went off ahead to look for her own dress, while Natasha and Keith tagged along with me to the long rack along the south side of the shop’s walls. As I fingered the hem of a strapless flowing dress, Natasha hip checked me.

“Impressing you man hmm?” She teased.

I rolled my eyes at her. “I already told you about the bet we made, remember?” I reminded her.

She shrugged as she trailed her zebra painted nails along a dress. “I know. I just felt like it,” she said. “And hey! Have you figured out what you’re going to make Henry do when you win?”

I blinked and realised I hadn’t really thought of anything. I had just been focusing on winning. “Umm … I’ll make him clean everything for once.”

Keith gave me a look. “Well that’s fun,” he remarked sarcastically.

Natasha giggled. “I know right! C’mon, Lainie! Think of the possibilities!”

“Yeah,” Keith said, frowning as he tried to think of a good idea. “How about making you breakfast in bed? I bet he never does that.”