drifting apart

This is a fanfiction about what i wish happened when Jonathan came back from california. (Yes this is still a Stancy book, there is no jancy in this chapter or book.)

"No actually, im glad you were here. Otherwise who would have been in charge.. Steve?" Jonathan asked, laughing. Nancy didn't know why but I felt a pang of hurt. Why would jonathan say something like that? "No, actually, he's... matured, quite a bit." I said, smiling a fake smile.

"Oh.. cool.." Jonathan said, glancing at steve and then back at me. "So.... are we good?" Jonathan asked. I didn't want to hurt his feelings.. But... I feel like he's been lying to me.. And I just.. Don't think i love him anymore.. We have been drifting apart a lot lately.. "Actually..." I started, and I saw his face drop. "I'm sorry Jonathan.. I just... I feel like we've been drifting apart lately.. And its hard to reach you, all the way out in california... I just... dont think this is working.." I said. I saw a hint of sadness on his face, but then Anger took over.

"Oh, so you wanna break up with me because you started having feelings for steve? Dont think i dont see the way you look at him." Jonathan said, practically yelling.

"Thats not what I said!" I yelled. He was twisting my words... "Yeah, but it's what you wanted to say." He said. "Wha- I just think that we're drifting apart! Whats so wrong with that! Your the one who's been lying to me." I said. "No, you just wanna be with steve." I could smell it on his breath.. He was high.. "Jonathan... Thats not true, and you know it.. Your just too high to understand." But the truth was... It was true.. I had started catching feelings for steve while we were fighting Vecna.

"And if your so pissed about the fact that i can't deal with you anymore, just go back to california." I said, venom in my voice, but also tears in my eyes, as i shoved past him and went to go find Robin.. I needed someone to talk to.. Jonathan just stood there shocked, almost everyone had heard the fight/breakup, so most everybody already knew.

"Robin!" I called. "In here, Nance!" She called from the bathroom, she was cleaning the mirrors, everyone was still cleaning, to get Hops cabin back in shape. "I need someone to talk to.." I stated, "Okay.. Well.. talk.." Robin replied, with a sincere smile on her face..

"I just broke up with jonathan because I feel like were drifting apart, and he got really pissed and told me that the only reason i broke up with him was because i still have feelings for steve, and i told him if he was so pissed about me not being able to handle him, he should just go back to california... He was high, and yelling.. Thats why i couldn't handle our relationship anymore! He's either High, or drunk all the time..." I said.

"But.. it might.. Partly.. Also.. be.. Because i.. Still have feelings for steve" I said the last part barely a whisper, but robin heard it clear as day. "Back up.. You still like steve??" She shouted, but i covered her mouth and said, "Why not announce it to the whole house!" In an annoyed tone. "Sorry.." She said, giving a guilty smile.

"Just.. tell me what to do!" I said. "Well... I'm glad you dumped his ass... and also.. About the steve thing, I think you should tell him, because i know for a fact that he likes you back.... Andd now im realizing that i was not supposed to tell you that.." Robin said.

"He does?" I asked. "Yeah.." She sighed. "Just.. dont tell him that i told you.. He would kill me." She added. "Deal." I said, and stood up to go talk to steve.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Steve?" I asked. "Can i.. Talk to you.." "Sure nance.." He said, and i pulled him deeper into the woods so that nobody could here our conversation.. "I.. broke up with jonathan.." I said.. "Yeah... i heard.." Steve replied. "Oh.. you did... well... I think i might have feelings for you again and that part of the reason why i broke up with him." I said the last part so fast it took a minute for steve to register what i just said.

"You.. do?" He asked, and i nodded my head slightly. "Nancy... I've loved you since i day i met you.. I never stopped.." He said, and then kissed me.