Part 7

It was Xie Lian's first night as resident DJ at The Gamblers' Den, and the place was packed; not only his set lists were good, but he also had lots of friends dropping by. Even Feng Xin who didn't go anywhere had come; Xie Lian eyed him and Jian Lan down at the crowd, Feng Xin giving him a strained smile; he started playing a new song, smiling to himself.

I believe in miracles

Where you from, you sexy thing

He heard that attractive voice by his ear, "You're playing this song to give them ideas?"

He smiled, and answered Hua Cheng, "A certain someone sang it for me on a karaoke, it worked".

Hua Cheng chuckled, "Well, I wasn't lying, Gege's a sexy thing", and hugged Xie Lian from behind, placing his face on Xie Lian's shoulder. Both of them looked at Jian Lan putting her arms around Feng Xin's neck, and Feng Xin holding her by the waist, dancing together. It seems it was working for them too.

Hua Cheng said, "Well thanks to Jian Lan harassing you, I got to grab your ass for the first time!"

Xie Lian pffted a laugh, and replied, "Since then you can't get your hands off it, can you?"

"I can't help it", Hua Cheng said, hugging him tighter, pressing himself behind Xie Lian, kissing his neck. Xie Lian tensed, and pushed him away, "San Lang, not here. Everybody's looking!"

"Three minutes to the end of the song", Hua Cheng said, smiling, "Come with me..."

Just behind the DJ booth there was a door to a little beer keg deposit; Hua Cheng took Xie Lian by the hand there, and closed the door behind them. He pushed Xie Lian against it, and they kissed, laughed and kissed some more. Then Xie Lian pushed him away again, "San Lang stop, I... you'll get me in trouble if you carry on".

Hua Cheng smiled wickedly, and said, holding Xie Lian's hand, "How long till you finish your set list?"

He pulled Xie Lian close and said by his ear, "And go back to my place, so I don't have to stop?"

"Another half an hour", Xie Lian replied, his face burning madly.

"Alright", Hua Cheng replied, and they went back to the DJ booth, just in time for

I love the way you kiss me darling
Love the way you hold me, keep on loving me darling
Keep on loving me baby

Sexy thing, sexy thing

They smiled and exchanged meaningful looks, showing they were thinking exactly that of each other. Hua Cheng then spotted someone he just needed to speak too, and, giving Xie Lian a little kiss on the cheek, went after him, making his way through the crowd.

Jian Lan and Feng Xin stopped by his DJ booth to say goodbye; he said to Feng Xin, "Give in to love, or live in fear". His friends usually hated when he said soppy stuff like that, but this time Feng Xin just smiled. He left Gamblers' Den together with Jian Lan, while Xie Lian lined up another song.

Give in to love, or live in fear, Xie Lian kept rolling these words in his mind. That's right; before, he lived in fear that, all through his bad times, whenever he was down, someone truly loving him for who he was in spite of everything just didn't exist. And all along, Hua Cheng never stopped thinking of him, never gave up on him. 

After meeting Hua Cheng, he lived in fear for a long time still, thinking Hua Cheng saw him as a friend, or liked someone else, giving himself all kinds of excuses; and ended up finding Hua Cheng's true feelings by chance. Because Hua Cheng lived in fear as well: of having a crush on Xie Lian for so long, looking for him everywhere, to finally find him, and be rejected. 

He scanned the crowd till he saw Hua Cheng further away, talking to another guy, his back turned to him. It was as if he sensed Xie Lian was looking, because he turned around and flashed him a smile. Xie Lian smiled back, and played a reggae song,

My love is till the end of time

Time, my love is till the end of time

This magic moment, so different and so new

Not like any other, until I kissed you

He kept looking, as if saying to Hua Cheng, this one's for you. Hua Cheng had a way of knowing what he was thinking, at all times. They locked eyes, and soon he felt hot, as if he was running a fever, and couldn't help but look at the time, wishing he could leave with Hua Cheng already.

Everything I want, I have

Whenever I hold you tight

This magic moment, while your lips are close to mine

Will last forever, forever till the end of time

He imagined himself resisting to Hua Cheng's advances, just rejecting him completely. 

He pffted a laugh, saying to himself, "As if!" 

"Oh? How come you don't know them, aren't you at The Heavens?", asked the guy with bleached hair and tight t-shirt, shouting to be heard. They were looking at the DJ booth at Gamblers' Den's – to its new resident DJ, and that tall guy with him there. 

"It's my first semester, and, what does it has to do with anything?" a girl with blue streaks on her hair shouted back.

"There's this thing at The Heavens", he explained, you can call it "folklore".

"You mean gossip", somebody added; they all laughed hysterically.

The guy pointed at them all, accusingly, "And you bitches luv it!".

More hysterical laughter.

"Anyway, what's it then?", the girl with blue streaks asked.

Of course he was dying to continue the story. "There's this dropout, who trended as #mostlikelytobeexpelled when he joined... hear this, for the third time. Then this other guy, rumoured to be a thug, involved in street gangs, drug dealing, bad news basically. Hum, they formed an unlikely bond and..." 

"Oh! they're so hot!", she interrupted, looking at the DJ booth. 

"I didn't say they're not", the bleached hair guy protested, "Actually..."

The whole group went quiet, nervously sipping their beers, following Xie Lian and Hua Cheng making their way out, holding hands and giving each other burning looks and sweet smiles from time to time; you could totally describe them 'in the mood for love'.

"Fuck me, I want a threesome with them", a petite blond girl said. 

"... as I was saying", the guy continued, "They're trending, as #coupleiwantathreesomewith!"

The girl with blue streaks on her hair kept looking at them unblinking, and said, "They're just too sexy!", she sighed, "As they say, by the Heaven Official's blessing, may all taboos be shattered!"  

That was it everyone, the OFFICIAL ending – alright, I still have an "extra" (smut), and "extra" one shots from this Hualian AU, but the story following the novel ends here...

I must say it was a long journey, mind you it's MUCH MORE simplified/shorter! Using fantasy/supernatural/magic is more fun too, but this was still fun, wasn't it? 😄

To everyone who made to the end – who followed from the beginning, who was always being the first to read, or who came after and couldn't stop commenting...

Thank you thank you thank you!!! 😘😘😘

Please check my other stuff, dm me, comment, suggest...

Our Hualian love is till the end of time, right?

❤️❤️❤️