Part 1

CW: strong language, mental health issues

He opened the portakabin's door, and, true to their word, Feng Xin and Mu Qing were sitting on the doorsteps outside. They run to him, asking,

"Xie Lian! How do you feel? Are you alright?"

Xie Lian nodded, and said, "I'm alright", and smiled; they were visibly relieved. He kept walking and Feng Xin and Mu Qing, exchanging looks, asked, "Where are you going?"

"Find San Lang", he replied with a calm voice.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?"

He stopped, turned around and wrapped each arm around their necks, giving them both a hug at the same time. They were too shocked to react.

Xie Lian said, "Guys. Thank you, but let me go and sort this out myself, alright?"

He patted them on their shoulders, and walked back to the festival. It was already crowded, and the obvious thing to do was to call Hua Cheng; only he didn't pick up his phone. Xie Lian wondered where he'd go in the state he was after that argument with Feng Xin and Mu Qing back at the portakabin. Xie Lian then left the festival through a back door, and went to the beach.

He found Hua Cheng sitting on a rock, close to the breaking waves; even with that noise, he somehow noticed Xie Lian, because he tilted his head slightly, shooting him a quick glance, but didn't move from where he was. Xie Lian approached, and sat on the rock beside him.

"I'm sorry", he said, "I had to leave, otherwise I would have punched both of them".

"I know", Xie Lian replied.

"Don't worry, I know we got some work to do. Let's go", he said, getting up.

Xie Lian didn't move, and said, calmly, "Don't go yet. I want to ask you something".

Hua Cheng sat down again, heavily.

"San Lang", Xie Lian started, "Who's the person you've seen from afar, and had a crush, and when you got to know them you fell in love madly?" He smiled shyly, "Your words".

Hua Cheng didn't reply right away; then he said, "Why are you asking? You know the answer. Your mates just showed you".

"I want you to tell me", he said softly.

Hua Cheng breathed in, and looking at him, said, "It's you Gege. Who else?"

"Hum", Xie Lian replied, "I always thought you liked someone else".

Hua Cheng shook his head, "There's no one else, just you". Then he added, wearily, "Only you weren't supposed to find out like that".

"It doesn't matter", Xie Lian replied.

"Yeah, it doesn't matter", he said in a small voice; he got up again, "Anyway. Let's go".

Xie Lian got up too, and touched his arm; Hua Cheng froze.

He said, "It doesn't matter how I found out. You're not going to ask how I feel?"

Hua Cheng remained still, very conscious of Xie Lian's touch on his arm; he replied, "Tell me"

Xie Lian said softly, "I feel the same".

Hua Cheng shot a look at his face, startled; Xie Lian gave him a little smile.

"You serious?", Hua Cheng asked

Xie Lian replied, "Yes".

Hua Cheng didn't move and didn't say anything, as if in shock; Xie Lian got closer and leaned against his chest, chuckling lightly.

He said, "I've been in love with you for a while now, you know", and wrapped his arms around Hua Cheng's neck and rested his face against Hua Cheng's; instinctively, Hua Cheng wrapped his arms around his waist. He flashed a smile and said "You wanna kill me don't you?"

Xie Lian smiled, and rubbed his lips against Hua Cheng's face, till he found his lips. They kissed. They smiled at each other while kissing, not stopping. They kissed slowly and urgently.

After a while Xie Lian stepped back, smiling, "Slow down! We have work to do still".

"I know", Hua Cheng said, and smiling teasingly, pulled Xie Lian to him again, "It's just, it's hard to stop kissing you once I start..."

Xie Lian couldn't miss this opportunity, and laughed, "Liar! The other day you kissed me at my place, and run away..."

"Yeah", Hua Cheng said, looking embarrassed, "I thought I was hasty and pushed you and" he paused, "ruined everything. So I panicked", he concluded.

Xie Lian replied, "I thought you just wanted to tease me, make me think of you... this way", then he added, smiling, "It worked".

Hua Cheng kissed him again, and said, "Alright. Let's go back and get this streaming over and done with. Can't wait to just go home with you Gege", then he quickly added, "To, you know, just be together, that's all".

Xie Lian laughed teasingly, "San Lang, do you think I follow some cultivation path of chastity and purity of body? Can't wait to go home with you either".

Hua Cheng hid his face on Xie Lian's neck, and said in a low voice, "Stop talking like this..." He sighed, then said, "Alright. Let's go".

They held hands and walked back slowly, wanting to be just the two of them at the beach, for as long as they could. Xie Lian squeezed Hua Cheng's hand to call his attention, and said,

"Don't be pissed off at Feng Xin and Mu Qing. They mean well".

"I can see where they're coming from", Hua Cheng replied, "But they shouldn't shoot first and ask questions later like that. To say I'm a threat to you...", he shook his head and clenched his fist angrily.

Xie Lian smiled, "You're so hot when you act like my bodyguard, you know that?"

Hua Cheng smiled back at him and couldn't help put kiss Xie Lian again.

They kept walking, and got to the festival's back door, going in with their passes. They stopped holding hands; in an unspoken agreement, they decided they'd better avoid explaining anything to anyone for now.

"Gege, let's just focus on this streaming. When we get home I'll do anything you want, I'll be all yours", Hua Cheng said, giving Xie Lian a flirty smile.

Xie Lian smiled back, "I'll be all yours too", then his phone pinged. He said, "It must be Feng Xin, or Mu Qing. I'm gone for quite a while now, let me just..." he fished the phone out of his pocket, looking at it. He paled, and dropped it.

"Oh? What is it?", Hua Cheng asked.

Xie Lian couldn't move, as if he was in shock. Hua Cheng held him by his arms, "Gege? What is it?"

Slowly and painfully, Xie Lian picked up his phone, and showed it to Hua Cheng. On the very page where they started to post the streamings they did in the morning, on the comments part, someone Hua Cheng had till then just heard of, posted: HI XIE LIAN, LONG TIME NO SEE. MISSED ME?

The avatar was a mask showing a half-laughing-half-crying face. It was WhiteNoFace.

I know I know I know WhiteNoFace had to show up to spoil the mood! BUT, was the "confession scene" cute? Was it? Please let me know in the comments... 😉