clxxii. facetime

WARNINGS: TRANSPHOBIC COMMENTS

REQUESTED BY: MARCYS-CHRISTMAS

Description:
~ (MODERN) In which (Name) is on a business trip across the country and they only get to speak to Hange over the phone. ( (Name) is a trans woman in this oneshot - mtf)

I tossed my bag over to the ground, mumbling quietly to myself as I treaded back to the bed in the hotel. The sun was already starting to set, and I had just realized how much time I really spent out today. It felt like I hadn't gotten a moment for myself - to sit down and just relax.

I really thought today would be great. I got an amazing breakfast for free, everything was working out with our business, and I got a good nights rest the day before. There was nothing that could have ruined my day - or at least that's what I thought.

I buried my face in my pillow, letting out a string of agitated moans as I turned over and hugged the pillow beside me. It was getting lonely without Hange. I knew that I'd only be away for three weeks, but I couldn't even get through these first four days without their embrace. The hotel room was far too quiet for my liking and my bed had been a bit too empty.

Everything dragged by without them, without their inquisitive mind and their hilarious jokes. Everything was better with them. The calls we shared were something, but they surely weren't enough.

My phone started buzzing, alerting me as I sat up in the bed and leaned over to pick it up. The time had read 8:47 pm, about the time Hange usually called me. It became routine when we were apart that we had always called each other and stayed on call until one of us fell asleep. This was the closets thing that the two of us had right now to actually falling asleep beside each other. Who knew it'd be this hard to leave behind those tiny aspects of our relationship?

I answered the call, my phone connecting as a small image of Hange appeared in the corner. They were in the living room of our house, laying across the couch as their feet had been dangling in the air. Their head was held up with their hands and their glasses looked like they were about to slide off of their face. How badly I wanted to reach across the screen and push their glasses up for them, to run my fingers through their hair and kiss their lips.

"There you are!" Hange cheers, a smile erupting on their face. "It took you longer to answer today. I was afraid that you were busy."

"I always make time for you." I smile, finding a good angle to sit the phone at. "How was your day without me?"

"Boring," Hange sighs. "Just like these past couple of days. I didn't think I'd be this miserable without you."

"Same here." I nod. "I miss you and your stupid jokes."

"My jokes aren't stupid." Hange argues, shaking their head. "They're beautiful and smart. You just don't get them."

"I'm glad I don't." I laugh. "I'd hate to understand your nerdy jokes."

ATTACHED | HANGE ONESHOTS ❀On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara