𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰. 𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒎 𝒏𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

Start from the beginning

Eddie smiled at her, "Thanks, for uh- you know..." He waved his hand in front of him, "-staying with me."

Harper leaned back in her chair, "Of course." She smiled to herself.

•••

Harper sat in the boat, watching Eddie as he threw rocks into the spaghetti-os can. Occasionally he would miss and let out a silent curse. Harper would laugh every time he would miss, saying that it was easy, or even a four-year-old could do it. Harper had taken off her headphones and set them down on the ground.

The sound of a car pulling up caused the two teens to freeze. Eddie spun around and looked out toward the driveway. Harper climbed out of the boat slowly and peeked over Eddie's shoulder, trying to see who it was. Eddie's hand clutched the windowsill nervously. Harper saw a few boys step out of a Jeep Cherokee, each one of them was holding some sort of weapon.

"Oh, sh*t." Harper breathed, pulling away from the window, "Sh*t, sh*t, dammit." She ran her hands through her hair nervously.

Eddie watched as the three boys walked over to the door of the house, "Sh*t, sh*t." He said, moving to the other window, and watching as they let themselves into the house.

"Holy sh*t, Eddie!" Harper whispered.

The boy nodded, quickly grabbing the walkie-talkie, "Hey, Dustin- you there?" He called nervously, "It's Eddie, you remember me right?" He crouched down, "Hey uh- if anyone's there, I really we might be in a bit of trouble here. Okay? Wheeler?" He looked out the window before hitting the walkie, "Anybody!?" He got up from his crouching position next to the window.

Eddie crouched down next to the window. It grew dark quickly the three boys had spent a good 30 minutes searching around the house.

Harper looked out the window and spotted none other than Jason staring out at the boat house.

"Dustin?" Eddie called desperately, "Please. Are- are you there?" He glanced up and spotted the boat in front of him, "Never mind." Eddie quickly untied the ropes from the bot and lowered it into the water. He got in first before helping Harper in. They both grabbed an oar and began frantically rowing. They had made it a good way into the water before hearing Jason call out to him.

"Hey, freak!" Jason yelled.

Eddie and Harper turned around quickly.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Eddie spoke nervously, "Sh*t." He carefully moved Harper as he climbed to the back of the boat, Harper kept rowing while Eddie tried to start the motor, "Come on." He breathed, shaking the boat slightly. Harper glanced down at the water, she did not want to fall in there, "Just come on... you... piece... of... sh*t!" Eddie said, pulling on the chord with every breath. Eddie looked down at the motor, "Come on. You gotta help me out here man." He growled, "Come on!"

Harper turned to see the guys taking off their suits and jumping in the water.

"Eddie!" She called out, gaining his attention. She tilted her head to the guys. Eddie's eyes widened before trying one more time.

"Come on you piece of sh*t!" He tried harder, "Goddamn it!" He cried. He smacked it before turning around, "Nope! Okay! Alright, okay!" He stepped around Harper again and grabbed an oar, rowing frantically.