〽️ Chap. 2 / Hit by a lightning 〽️

After having a terrible nightmare, Katie sobs alone in her bed. She can't continue her life like this. She can no longer fight against the fatigue that invades her body every day.
The blonde girl loves animals. She loves taking care of them. The problem is the work she does and the fatigue in her.
Katie realizes very quickly that she needs to talk to someone, someone who is close to her, someone who can understand her. It could have been Cali, but Cali is just a cat.

Katie tries to get up, she walks awkwardly and stubs her toe on a table leg. In the dark, she manages to pick up her phone and she calls Ryder.
She waits a few long seconds and Ryder picks up the phone.
"Katie...? What's...wrong?" asks Ryder, yawning.
"I know it's not a good time, but I just want to talk to you." Katie says softly.
"Uhm...Okay. I'm coming." says Ryder.

Katie waits a few minutes on her bed and she hears someone knock on her door. She hurries to open the door for Ryder.
"Thank you for coming!" Katie says pulling Ryder into her pet parlor.
"I wonder what you're going to tell me. It's 2 am..." Ryder says then seeing Katie's state, he adds: "Woah...you look..."
"Thank you. But I didn't call you to compliment me."
"I was going to say you look very tired." Ryder says.

"Follow me." Katie says.
She makes Ryder sit on her bed, then she starts talking:
"I can't. My life is tiring me. This work that I do every day....I can't." Katie says with her eyes downcast.
"Seems like someone needs a break." says Ryder looking into Katie's beautiful eyes.
"I've taken breaks before. But it's not enough. People see me as the Pet Parlor girl from Adventure Bay, I want to be something more. Like...a hero. Like you."

Ryder smiles then puts his hand on Katie's shoulder.
"If I have to be honest, you are already my hero. You are already our hero. You are the nicest person in the whole world." Ryder says making Katie blush slightly.
"Thank you... But I'm starting to hate my job because of my fatigue." Katie says.
"We'll find a solution tomorrow. I suggest you go back to bed." Ryder says.
"Thank you. You're really nice."
"You can call me whenever you want. I'm always here for you." says Ryder looking at Katie charmingly.

The two friends hug each other, something they haven't done after several months. Ryder appreciates the hug, the sweet scent of Katie's blonde hair soothes his nose. As for Katie, she enjoys feeling Ryder's arms around her waist.
This hug ends a few minutes later. The two bodies slowly move away and Ryder walks towards the exit of the Pet Parlor while looking into his blonde friend's eyes.

Ryder is gone. And Katie finds herself alone again. But as she tries to stroke her cat, she notices that Cali has disappeared.
"Cali!" says Katie looking everywhere around her. She realizes Cali went outside when Ryder opened the door to the Pet Parlor.

Katie steps out of her Parlor and the first thing she notices is a terrible weather. The wind is blowing from everywhere, the noise of the thunderstorm is very loud, the lightning of the thunderstorm occurs almost every five seconds in the sky, and it's raining strongly. Katie is just wearing her cyan blue colored pajamas which get wet very quickly. The blonde girl first goes behind her Parlor but she can't find her cat. She then sees a shadow under a lamppost near the road. She runs towards this shadow which disappears as she arrives. Out of breath, she puts her hand on the electric lamp post and pulls out her phone to call Ryder. But at the same time, a violent lightning strikes the lamp post. The materials that make up the lightning, the wind, the rain and the electricity from the lamppost mix together and reach Katie's hand.

Seconds later, Katie is unconscious on the road.