Chapter 60

Carmelia's POV

Is it just me or everyone feels the same when someone showers additional care than what is required?

I mean at one point does anyone feel like they should shout on everyone?

I happen to feel like I should kick Tristan on his shin. He is becoming more and more overbearing!

"Are you sure? I can postpone the meeting if you are not feeling good." I glared to which he nodded in fear.

"If you ask this same question once more then god also will not be able to save you! Go to the meeting and right now! And don't come before five to six at least!" I said as I picked one apple from the fruit's tray to throw at him. He swiftly went out before I could point my target.

I laughed at the way he went out like he was flowing in the air.

"Stupido! But mine." I chuckled and looked around the boring room. I started regretting sending him... I will have to suffer this loneliness again!

I looked around for sometime and also thought of calling whoever I know here for sometime. Atleast till, Tristan comes again.

But then... They have work to do which I don't have. I cannot disturb them in their professional life.

Sighing, I went back to one of my favourite novel 'La coscienza di Zeno' and even I think I need some help with my state of mind! I am only happy when Tristan is around... I don't know what is happening to me? I was never the one who fell in love so easily! Then how come my heart opened so easily with Tristan?

After a long time of nothingness, a few routine check ups, I decided to message the girls if they can come to meet me. Because I cannot handle this boredom alone now.

"Hello... Lady Daydreamer!" I looked up in shock to see Idhaya smirking at me.

"Hello." I smiled at her and then suddenly laughed as I remembered our first meeting! She caught my hair so tightly that they broke from the root.

"What? Why are you laughing?" She asked in confusion as she put the bag down near the visitor's chair.

"Nothing... I just went back to a particular memory lane where my hair almost lost the life." I said while smiling and she appeared so embarrassed and apologetic.

"I am sorry... I had no idea. I just saw Enzo's red and swollen face and I forgot what I was doing." She explained but it only made me smile.

"No... I am anything but angry. And I am happy that you are the mother Enzo so desperately needed. Now that I love him more than my addiction, I realize that even if there was no addiction, you still would be the best mother for him. I just want to request for one thing." I said while she nodded silently gesturing me to continue.

"I want Enzo to hate me less. Can you please let us meet?" I requested her earnestly.

"Why are you taking my permission for that? You have the right on him Carmelia." She said taking my hand in hers.

"No... I don't. You have and he wants you to have that right. And even I think you deserve it more than I do." I said while smiling sadly at her.

"Please don't say that." She said in her sad voice and I groaned as I ruined her bright cheerful mood.

"Okay... Now that your parents are off to Venice. Are you happy for them?" I asked and wondered what it was like to be a daughter who is dotted upon by both the parents.

"Yes... Though, I wanted to cover all the expenses as I dreamed, but Ivano booked everything so costly that I don't think I can repay him in this life." She chuckled lightly making me chuckle too.

"Then he wants you to be indebted to him for whole life." And as I said this she blushed hard forcing me to give her teasing smile.

"Something happened for you to blush like this?" I asked her.

"Nothing... It's just that the I think he willing to give us a thought. I am just happy about it. You should have seen my Mom, she was provoking Ivano the whole way. They bickered all the way but when I was bidding her farewell she said 'Ivano is good guy, now I feel at ease... I feel like I can be in peace now' and I felt so amazing that my parents trusts my choice." She was very happy and who wouldn't be? She has everything a person ever needs. And I wish she remains as happy as she is now. And even more than that.

"I am happy for you." I said as I genuinely feel just that emotion right now.

"I can't believe we first thought that you were a serial killer!" She exclaimed making me look at her in shock.

"What! A serial killer?" I shrieked.

"Umm... Yes... I didn't... I mean..."

I laughed loudly at her facial expression as I couldn't act anymore looking at her shocked face.

"Calm down... You think I don't know that?" I asked her with knowing smile.

"How?" She asked in daze.

"Tristan! Obviously... But I don't blame anyone to think like that. But I am happy that now the opinions are changed." I gave her a look that should have described my thankfulness.

"Because you are changed." She said calmly.

"Because I am changed." I nodded at her and we smiled at each other.

"Hello, beautiful ladies!" We turned to see Aida standing all with the happiest glow that any girl ever gets.

"Aren't you too happy? Only one date did this to you!" Idhaya exclaimed making me look at Aida in surprise.

"Date? And you went on breakfast date? Why not dinner date?" I asked as she sat on the other table kept near the bed. She just smiled innocently.

"Emi will take you for that too. Very soon!" I smirked at her.

And then the door opened again. And I saw the most gloomy face ever!