Chapter 39

Tristan's POV

I pushed Carmelia in shock after hearing Ivy's voice and turned towards the door to see not just a person but crowd. All of them looking at our direction in shock and confusion. I frowned when my eyes went to the unknown person while he looked at me in apprehension. It felt like I am looking at the younger version of my father.

"I don't like to be disturbed at the time like this." Carmelia whispered making me turn towards her and glare at her. She just shrugged.

"Do you have no filter? We are out in open just after the first kiss between us and you have..."

"Don't you get it? I am trying to convey that I was actually enjoying it." She retorted making me shut up. I agree, I never wanted to stop but understanding the situation we had to.

"Yes, but let's talk about this later. First lets deal with them." I said and got up from the couch.

"Tristan! I can't walk!" She whispered and I picked her up while sighing. Slowly I settled her on the bed and turned towards everyone.

"Hi..." I said while smiling awkwardly.

"I didn't know you both became such good friends." Ivano sarcastically said.

"Even I didn't know till today." I said and asked them to sit on the couch. Ladies went towards the bed and sat beside Carmelia's bedside while we men went to the the couch.

"You half brother is here." Emiliano said and I looked at the my brother.

"I never imagined my both half sibilings will be... umm..."

"You are our brother but Carmelia and I are not brother and sister." I said.

"Exactly. But there is too much confusion in my life recently. This just adds more. I am not understanding if I should be a protective brother to my sister or supportive brother to my brother." He smirked at me making me laugh.

"Just so you know your sister is as much a heart breaker as I am. By the way, did you meet your parents?" I asked to him.

"No. I don't even feel like they are my parents anymore. They were never there for me and left me in the hands of nannies or my granny. There was no emotional attachment with then actually. Though they made sure to send money for me but what I always craved for was their presence." He said while smiling sadly.

"And in my case he was present yet never emotionally available." I said while my best friends were eyeing him suspiciously. I glared at them and prayed that they don't bring their emotions out in the open.

"So, I... Actually it's really weird. I don't talk much about myself. Would you like to know something about me?" He asked while looking at me.

"No... But slowly we will know each other." I said and smiled.

"But I would like to ask something." Emi said. Alessandro looked at him and gestured him to go ahead. I caught head in my palms. He will ruin it now!

"Tristan has a company started by his maternal grandfather. He said it would be unfair to you if you don't get a chance to convey whether you want to be a part of it or not. So do you want that?" Emi asked directly making Alessandro look at my friend in shock.

"But where I came in the middle of that? Your grandfather's company and you think it will be unfair to me? I don't think so... It was unfair for Carmelia and you. And frankly I don't want to be part of your company as the guilt will eat will eat me alive. And secondly... I started my own business when I was eighteen. Using indirectly your money that Dad sent to me." I nodded at him.

"What kind of business you are into?" Ivano asked.

"I started as a stock broker, but now I am more into hotels and chain restaurants." Alessandro said.

"Wow! I am impressed... You didn't take a single quality of your parents." Emi said makimg us laugh.

"No. Thankfully!" Alessandro said while smiling.

"So will you shift here? Or you will take US as your base?" I asked.

"I will shift here. I already decided to shift after getting over my shock on the events. When you first called, I called the police station to confirm with Dad." He said while I nodded happily.

"Will you just talk to your brother or ask a bed ridden suster 'how is she?'" Carmelia interrupted our conversation.

"Ohh! Sorry. How are you?" Alessandro went near her and asked. We all stood up from the couch and went there.

"I am doing okay I guess." She said to him and smiled.

"Great! I don't know if the truth actually straightened our lives or complicated it even more." Alessandro said after a moment of silence.

"I think it sorted out our lives. It's never too late to start over, right?" Carmelia said while looking at Emi, then Ivano, then Idhaya and the Alessandro questioningly.

"No it's not." Alessandro said.

"No." Both the Esposito brothers said simultaneously.

"So... Umm... You will become a mother to Enzo?" Idhaya asked anxiously. Carmella laughed at her.

"I don't think I deserve to be his mother. Maybe his aunt and that is enough for me. Love and respect is important no matter what he considers me. I am not worthy of even what I am getting now." She said and looked down in shame.

"I didn't... Mean that." Idhaya said.

"No... It's not you. Actually you handled him pretty well so you deserve this place in his life. I will just be a sister to his father and uncle." She said.

"A sister who had sex with me?" Ivano asked sarcastically making me glare at him.

"A sister with whom I had relationship?" Emi also added fuel to the fire.

"Don't make it sound weird. I was under influence if you ask me. Sometimes it was drugs and sometimes my mother. I didn't realize what I was doing to myself and others. I apologize?" She asked them. Both the brothers looked at each other and nodded.

"So let's clean our slate then." Emi said and smiled.

"Let's clean everyone's slate?" Aida suddenly butted in while looking at Emi while he glared at her.

Ohh! What's this new drama!