Chapter 28

Aida's POV

To be realistic and logical, that I have always been, I should not entertain him. I should not like his fake mysterious attitude and subtle flirty style. I should think he is not sure about his feelings. I should think he shifts his attention... But no. I can't.

And this is frustrating!

"What should I do!" I looked at my patient who snapped her fingers.

"Ahh... Yes. First thing you should do is stop worrying about what should you do. It will happen suddenly should you give yourself more time. I mean pretty messed life you have there with your ex-husband cheating and marrying your cousin. But you should try to think what made you happy when he was not in your life." I said and looked at the watch.

Damn! This session is extending and that too when I scheduled breakfast with Mr. Esposito.

"But..." I looked at her and stopped her before she speaks the same story third time!

"Look, I know it's difficult but maybe you want to try exploring place or yourself or your talents. Just imagine the life you might have had with that husband of yours. It would have been shallow." I said. She nodded in understanding.

"Yes. I will definitely try. Thank you Dr. Aida." I smiled at her as I got up. After she went out, I hastily took my bag and moved out of the cabin.

"Ohh! For a minute there I thought you stood me up." He said as soon as I reached the parking lot.

"No. I am not you. It's just that my session extended unexpectedly." I sighed.

"What is it with women digging all the past mistakes!" He exclaimed while opening the door for me.

"Guess we are good at accounting." I shrugged and settled in the car.

"So, Ms.  Accountant, where would you like to go for breakfast?" He asked as we hit the road making me smile slightly. Maybe slightly more.

"Actually, I would rather have a coffee and pan cakes. We can stop by any cafe maybe." I said.

"Great! I will take you to the best cafe I know." He said as he winked making my stomach tie a fluttery knot.

He is a confused man Aida! Do not step a foot in that direction. One mistake for whole life is enough.

"You know I have noticed you tend to think a lot. What is it that is enticing than being in present?" He asked.

"I do have many things that demand my focus. My patients, school, kids and their future." I said looking out the window.

"And they all are running smoothly I assume. Your patients will get what they are destined to. Kids and their future is not solely your responsiblity and school will run if there is reproduction in this world." He shrugged that enticed a glare from me.

"Not everything can be left for destiny and others to handle. Some thoughful decisions are required and for a person's mind should always be active and running." I said.

"Not at the cost of present I feel. I always stick to that point of enjoying present as future cannot be certain. But atleast in future if I look back to this day I might feel satisfied." He said and dropped a dazzling smile. Such a smile can be hazardous for anyone's sanity.

"Right. But if future is not planned in present then there might be dire consequences." I said stading to point ignoring all the sensation his actions are radiating inside me.

"You never know. Sometimes you never plan a single thing and still your future comes out much brighter than the others." He said.

"Only the lucky ones." I said.

"And still lucky people do not consider themselves lucky. Like you." He said and smirked looking at me.

"Me? How am I lucky and not appreciative?" I asked in confusion.

"Well... You have a handsome person sitting beside you and you are thinking of something not this handsome." He gestured at himself and winked. He laughed when my cheeks burned.

"Guess... I didn't lose my touch." That made my smile drop.

'My touch is always... effective darling.' I shuddered as the events came in front of me like some 3D motion movie.

"Can you stop that? Winking and all those weirdly flirty smiles. It makes me uncomfortable. It feels as if you are trying to get in my pant." I snapped at him involuntarily. He looked at me in shock.

He suddenly stopped the car and glared at me.

"Get out of the car!" He barked making me jerk in shock.

"What?" I shrieked when he looked so serious.

"I said get out of the car. Now!" He said as he held on to the steering wheel tightly.

"I didn't mean that. I just..."

"You said it from your own fucking mouth and now you say you didn't mean that?" I shook my head.

"No... I mean. I admit I said that but I was just... Umm having some thoughts. Look, I know I was wrong and I apologize for it." I said while mentally scolding myself for being so rude!

"No, I won't. You move out of the car immediately." He said. I sighed and I took my bag sadly and opened the door.

"Emiliano. For once, I didn't mean that. I just..." I sighed as I can't really reason anything without looking like a fool.

"I don't have all the time in the world. Make it fast." I hastily grabbed the purse again and opened the door.

"Please forgive me?" I was rather harsh and didn't have any right. A sob choked my words which I was about to say.

"There is no forgiveness for some mistakes." He said and fled off with high speed.

I just hope he is a good driver or he might find himself in prison or hospital.

"God! This was not meant to be like this! Anything weird I imagined would have been great than this!" I muttered frustratedly.

I hope... We can meet again and I can be courageous enough to convey the reason.