Chapter 8: An Electrifying Training Session

A/N And back to a more typical setting we go! I hope you enjoy it!

Moon Continent Explorer's Guild, West Coast Branch

Although he tried his hardest to forget about the strange beldum the quartet had seen last evening, Ryan still vividly remembered that encounter when he woke up the following morning. The eevee decided that he would warn guildmaster Felix, and Team Waterburn, to be wary of any shiny beldums they see.

On this calm, sunny summer morning, Ryan was the second of the quartet to awaken, doing so just as the sun started to rise. He had always been an early riser, and becoming an eevee hadn't changed that. The only other one who was up at this hour was Ben, who was impatiently pacing the room, wanting desperately to wake the others himself, but, at the same time, wanted to respect their beauty sleep. He took notice that Ryan was no longer asleep.

"Yes, finally! You're awake!" Ben whispered excitedly. "I've been wanting to go down for breakfast for probably an hour now; I mean, it's our first day as a real exploration team!" The scorbunny gradually got louder as he kept speaking. "It's so exciting; I'm hyped up and ready to go!"

"I'm glad to hear it," Ryan said as he tied his silver scarf around his neck, "but could you keep it down? I may be up, but our teammates aren't!"

No longer caring about keeping his voice down, Ben cheered, "I'll be as loud as I want to be!" He hurled a paw into the air, jumping up excitedly.

The yell caused both Lena and Terry to snap awake exclaiming a shout, with the latter falling out of his bed.

"Wow, that was loud," Lena said groggily. "Please keep it down in the mornings; we can't do our best work if we're too tired to, you know." She shook her head. "Whatever, coffee is a suitable substitute for sleep, at least for me, so as long as they have some I should be fine."

"Och, that smarts," Terry moaned while rubbing his head as Ben picked him up off of the floor. The scorbunny glared at the emolga with annoyance.

"You fell maybe six inches from the bed," Ben said. "You'll be fine. Now let's get going!"

The quartet headed down to the mess hall and found that they were the first ones there on that particular morning. Today's breakfast was blueberry waffles, and a drink choice of either orange juice or, to Lena's delight, black coffee. Since, unlike dinners, breakfasts are first come first serve, each pokemon requested a plate of waffles and their desired drink at a counter that wasn't opened last night. After a short wait due to nobody else being there yet, the quartet downed the baked, waffled breakfast food and their choice of beverage before leaving the room.

"Well, the morning announcements don't start 'til nine, so we've got a couple of hours to kill," Lena said, fully awake now thanks to the coffee, as the quartet headed out the front door of the guild into the balmy morning air. "What should we do in the meantime?"

"I, for one," Ryan answered, "think that my uncle should really learn how to use his new electric powers, not to mention practicing gliding."

"That's probably a good idea," Terry agreed. "I'd hate to be a dead weight in those dungeons I've been hearing about, and I doubt tech-savviness will come in handy in there."

"But the next question is, how would we even do it? If we go through Coral Cove again, we might not make it back in time for the morning announcements!" Ryan looked over to Ben. "Do you have any electric-type friends, by chance? Maybe they could help my uncle learn how to be an emolga... at least as far as knowing electric moves goes."

The scorbunny thought for a moment before his expression lit up. "Well, I don't know if he'll be awake at this hour, but I know just the mon! Follow me!"