Chapter 6: End of the First Day

Moon Continent Explorers Guild, West Coast Branch – Mess Hall

The quartet passed through the double-doors that led into the mess hall and found many circular tables that looked like someone cut down a tree with a very wide in diameter trunk and sliced it into table-sized pieces. The tables were surrounded by pokemon of many different sizes, including an unlikely duo of a tyranitar and joltik that were sitting at one near the door. It also seemed like whatever the dinner meal was that day had yet to be served. Ryan and company couldn't find an empty table, so they had to settle on one with three open spots, while Terry would have to sit on top of it. The one they ended up going to had the other spots occupied by a green kitten, a red chili-pepper-shaped crocodile, and a duckling like pokemon with a teal head crest.

"Mind if we sit here?" Ryan asked, propping himself up by placing his forepaws on the table. "We're a new team and don't know anyone here..."

"Go right ahead!" the sprigatito said, and the eevee, sneasel, and scorbunny sat on the stools that surrounded the table, with the latter pokemon setting the emolga on top of the table. "I, for one, would love to get to know new pokemon!"

"Aw, yeah!" the fuecoco agreed loudly. "New friends! Woo!"

"Settle down, Felipe," the quaxly said, looking over at the fire croc and motioning with his wings for Felipe to pause. "I don't want you to scare them off like you did to the last newbies who tried to sit with us!"

Felipe lowered his head apologetically. Terry was the next one to speak.

"Well, Felipe sure seems... excited," the emolga said.

"Tell me about it," the quaxly said, rolling his eyes in annoyance before extending a wing in a gesture of greetings. "The name's Quincy, and she's Sofia," he finished, glancing over at the sprigatito.

"And together, we form..." Sofia announced, before all three pokemon shouted, each raising a front limb into the air, "...Team Waterburn!"

"Team Waterburn? What kind of a name is that?" Ryan asked skeptically, tilting his head.

"Oh, Quince and I go way back," Felipe said excitedly. "We're practically brothers at this point, and we came up with the name ages ago, long before we formed our team!"

"That doesn't really answer-"

"I wouldn't go that far, but we have known each other for many years... even I've lost track of how long it's been," Quincy chuckled. "He is right about the name thing, though. That said, you probably already know that this guild requires its prospective exploration teams to have three members. So, we had to invite our next closest friend, Sofia here."

"Don't worry, I think it's a stupid name too, but they had their hearts set on Waterburn, and I didn't wanna disappoint them," the sprigatito whispered to Ryan as if she didn't want her teammates to know.

"Enough about us," the croc pokemon said. "I wanna hear your team name now!"

"Oh, uh..." Ryan had been caught off-guard with that question, as none of them had come up with one as far as he knew. He started slowly. "Our team name is... uhm..."

"Team Seekers!"

Ben's teammates looked over at the scorbunny, who propped himself up with his paws on the table with an air of confidence that started fading as the trio continued to stare.

"What? Is that... not a good name?"

Lena shrugged. "I can live with it."

"I agree, I like it, even if it is a bit unoriginal," Ryan added, and Terry nodded to show his approval as well.