Na dapat hindi ko ginawa dahil ngayon nandito na si Jace Angelo Montezalde sa aking harapan. He was smirking at me and crossing his arms.

"Why didn't I hear your footsteps, coming inside?"taka kong tanong.

"I can be silent if I want to."He said and approach me and sat at my bed."and I also know that you were the one listening."Nanlaki ang mata ko sa sinabi niya habang siya naman ay nakangisi lamang."I won't tell your brother, although I feel like he knows."I closed my eyes out of frustration.

"I shouldn't have gone outside."Napatingin siya sa akin na gulat na ekspresyon nang dahil sa aking sinabi."Kung hindi ko ginawa iyon ay hindi ka mapagalitan ni kuya."I said sounding guilty. I played with my hands while looking down. Suddenly, Jace's hands intertwined mine and rubbed his thumb on my hand.

"I wasn't scared by him."He said so I looked up.

"It wasn't him, was it?"I asked him and he shake his head.

"No."He said, thruthfully."He wouldn't put you in a situation where its dangerous and can easily kidnap you, just because he wants to see you."

I scofffed."He does it in night."

"Well, atleast he's actually present, and actually see him-"

"Not his whole face, though. He wears a mask."Tumawa siya sa sinabi ko.

"An identity of a bodyguard should always be kept a secret."

"Well, why isn't yours?"

"You already know me."he stated the obvious.

"But it can be dangerous, though. What if I'm talking to an imposter?"I asked him, worriedly. He pursed his lips, thinking of a solution.

"Well, you can-"

"Show the necklace, of course."I said and grab the necklace hidden under my pajamas. He looked at my necklace and smiled.

"Great idea. He gave that to you?"He asked and I nodded.

"A very smart solution, Miss Smith."He said and touched my hair, but i felt something pinned on my hair. Kinuha ko ito at nagulat ako ng makita ang isang hairclip. It was a doe.

"It suits you."Tumingin ako sa kanya at ngumiti. "You should go to sleep."

"Read to me."I said and turn my lights on from my desk. I grab a book on my table and gave it to him.

"Read?"He asked, sounding confuse. His brows even furrowed.

"Don't you know how to?"I asked. Sarcasm dripping in my tongue.

He chuckled. "Okay then. Lay in bed."He ordered which I did. I laid in my bed and put a blanket to myself. He approach me and took a seat by my side. It sounded silly, really. That I let him read me like a child. It sounded even silly that he agreed like a lost pup, he immediately followed my orders.

"I think you look like a parent reading me a story."I said."Come to bed."

"I don't think... that's a good idea."

"I insist."

"Your brothers might kill me."

"They don't even know."

"Great. Another reason for me to not be allowed in this household."He said, while coming to bed and laying beside me. He put the covers around me carefully and turned to me. I was already looking at him and putting my hands in my head. I saw how his eyes widened and he gulped.

"You alright?"

"Y-yeah."It made me smirk when I heard him stutter.

He opened the book and gazed at the pages that he would read to me. I saw how his eyes widened.