XVIII

🌷🧺🧠

'𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 1.17'
𝟶:𝟶𝟶 ──◍───── 𝟷:𝟹𝟶 ➛

"Psst, winnie, hey, asshat!" Monica whisper yelled at the blonde who had one headphone in and was writing stuff down while sitting at their work computer. "Hm?" Winnie hummed looking up at their friend a bored expression on their face.

Monica huffed jumping onto the desk ignore the look she got from Winnie's coworker. "Any George news?" Monica asked. It'd officially been two weeks since the whole kiss situation. Winnie had stopped getting text messages and calls from George after 10 days. "Nope."

The older girl stared down at her friend who went back to typing in the worksheet that had lists of kid who checked out books within the last hour. "So you've been ignoring him for 14 days?" Monica said in a scolding tone.

"Yup." Winnie said popping the 'p' She really wasn't in the mood to discuss George or anything that had to do with George. All she wanted to do was do their job and go home make some spicy ramen and watch reruns of glee on tv. "You know I love you right."

Winnie looked up glaring at Monica. "I'm stopping you right there." "No. No you're not winnie. Listen stop being a little cry baby bitch. Call the cunt back and hear him out." Monica said glaring back at winnie. "I hate you. You're banned from here forever." Winnie said making Monica stick her tongue out.

"You wouldn't late a shift in here without me or Dax don't even lie." Monica said making winnie scoff. Monica wasn't totally lying. Work had always been more enjoyable when Monica or dax would show up and spend most of their shift with them. "Whatever. I'll think about it." Winnie said pushing on Monica's arm.

Monica slapped the girls hand. "No not think about it take your break right now and go call him. For me." Monica said adding the last bit knowing it'd make winnie give in. "You owe me lunch. I want McDonald's." Winnie said standing up and going to her coworker Sam.

"Can you cover the front desk for fifteen? I need a break." Winnie said smiling up at the boy. He was a lot younger than them but he was so much taller. "Sure looks like it. But yeah." The boy joked nodding his head towards Monica who was still sat on the desk waving at parents who glared at her. "She gives me grey hairs." Winnie said making Sam laugh nodding.

Winnie walked to the break room pulling their phone out of the pocket staring at it. "I'm going to kill her." They mumbled unlocking the phone and searching for George's contact. Winnie had no clue if he was live or on someone else stream. They had turned off his notifications on everything after the third day.

The line only rung three times before the boy answered a breath and rushed out "hello?!" Hit the girls ear making her hold making a sharp intake closing their eyes and gripping the chair for support.

"Hi." She replied hearing George let out a relieved breath. "I thought you died on me." George said making winnie let out a dry chuckle looking up at the fluorescent lights above their head. "Yeah I suppose it seemed that way." Winnie said hearing George hum.

Winnie closed their eyes their eyes lashes tickling their cheeks. "I'm sorry were you busy? I didn't know if you were streaming or not." Winnie said hearing movement on George's end. "No, no! I wasn't busy. Not at all. I was just talking to Quackity. He's planning on coming back him and a few others actually."