II

🌷🧺🧠

'𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 1.1'
𝟶:𝟶𝟶 ──◍───── 𝟷:𝟹𝟶 ➛

Winnie sighed looking at themselves in the mirror, the red sundress looking unusual on her. Today was the dinner George's mum wanted them to be at. Looking at the clock it was half past six meaning George would be knocking at her door soon.

Grumbling some swears about how it was unfair she loved his family so much to dress up, they grabbed their only pair of heels that were worn out. Strapping them in Winnie stood stumbling a bit, it had been a minute since they wore heels.

A knock interrupted the girls complaints making her sigh and walk to their door. They opened it seeing George standing swaying on his feet. Of course he looked perfect as always. He never had a physical flaw to Winnie which arguably pissed her off.

His brown hair was fluffed falling over his forehead, a navy blue sweater with a button up under and some black jeans. "Hi." He said smiling softly making Winnie smile back. "Hey, let me grab my purse then we can go." They said making George humming watching the girl as she turned around grabbing a red tote bag that matched their dress perfectly.

"Mums going to love that dress." George said cringing at his own words. Winnie raised a brow making George groan. "You know what I mean, she's going to ask where you got it." George said making Winnie chuckle at the boy shoving him slightly.

George pursed his lips getting into the Uber he had waiting for them. "I know what you meant idiot." Winnie whispered sitting next to him sending the driver a small smile. "Sure." George replied sitting back and grabbing his phone.

Winnie internally sighed. There he went straight to the phone to text his other friends and ignore them. They hated when he did that. But they couldn't just say "hey George it's annoying that you care to talk to your internet friends more than your childhood friend." That would just be rude.

The whole ride Winnie looked out the window watching the scenery pass by as if she didn't memorize the way to the house from how often she visited with or without George. "Look at what dream said." George said passing his phone to Winnie.

Sure enough dream asked about the girl, his exact words were. "How's your hot best friend? They still pretty??" Winnie rolled their eyes sending a photo of themselves and a text back.

Handing the phone back to George Winnie looked back out the window a smile on their face hearing George chuckle at his best friends

"He said you should give him a chance." George said making Winnie raise a brow laughing. "And how can I do that if I don't have his number?" They asked making George roll his eyes going back to his phone making Winnie frown.

⋆ ࣪. ᓚᘏᗢ

The two walked up to the familiar house sighing when hearing the loud voices inside. George walked in first immediately being ambushed by his mum with a hug and a shoulder slap. "Come visit more before I feed you to the dogs. Oh Winnie you came !" Ms. Davidson said pulling the girl into a hug.

Winnie sighed into it feeling relief from the awkward car ride. "Of course! I never miss a Davidson family dinner." Winnie said making Ms. Davidson frown. "I'm still sorry about your mum, I'm sure she'll come home soon darling."

Shrugging Winnie walked away toward the living room seeing George's sister watching tv. "Hey." Winnie said sitting next to the girl catching her attention. Mel look a lot like her brother, the dark brown hair and eye. "Oh hey Winnie, house life?" Mel asked pulling the girl into a side hug.

"Alright, not very fun being an adult." Winnie joked making Mel laugh. George walked in shortly looking irritated. "Hey Mel. Nice to see you." George said sitting next to Winnie grabbing her hand and giving it a squeeze as if to say sorry for what his mum said.

Mel raised a brow at the two. "Are you dating finally?" She asked catching the pair off guard. "What the fuck?" Winnie said making Mel blush from embarrassment. "I'm sorry I just assumed- I should've known better." Mel stumbled over her words making Winnie laugh.

"Holy shit- I cant believe you thought- me and him?" Winnie said laughing in between words shaking their head. George pursed his lips saying nothing. Slowly George pulled his hand away from the girls and walked away saying nothing. Winnie's eyes followed the boy frowning in confusion.

Mel sighed shaking her head at her brother. He'd had a crush on Winnie for years and just refused to man up and tell them. No matter how many times Mel said Winnie would like him back. "Sorry about that." Mel said making Winnie fave her shacking her words off.

"It's fine, he's just moody. I'll talk to him before dinner." Winnie said making Mel nod and face the tv again. Huffing Winnie stood up walking to the backyard where she knew George goes when upset.

Just like they expected George sat on the swing looking down at his shoes huffing. Winnie rolled her eyes sitting on the unoccupied swing next to the boy. "Dramatic much? She didn't mean any harm." Winnie said making George look at her rolling his eyes.

"I know. I have dream your number he should text you later." George said changing the subject to anything but what happened in the living room. "Wait why? Are you trying to be match maker?" Winnie asked brows raised a shocked look on their face.

George groaned pushing her softly while smiling. "No, he basically begged me for it and said he'd edit a video for me." George said making Winnie gasped. "You sold my number out for a video to be edited?? You're cruel mr. not found." Winnie joked the pair laughing.

Ms. Davidson stood in the kitchen watching the pair through the window. "Mel hun, are you sure they aren't together yet? I swear they look like a married couple." Ms. Davidson said making her daughter laugh. "That's what I said!"

Authors note:
It's the horrible editing for me... I had to color her shirt red 😭😭 ignore it .