SaTCaR- 3

(1 month ago in Abby’s POV)

The rain had stopped as I stood slouched against the brick wall of the Mystic Grill. The air was cool brushing against my skin as I waited patiently. Elena probably hadn’t even left the house yet. I just wanted to get out of that bar. There was something about that boy I met in the grill that stood out to me. It was as if every cell in my body told me to leave, to run, to flee. There was something about him that I just couldn’t shake and so I knew that I had to get out.

All of the sudden a thick layer of fog swirled around my body like a snake. The air got darker, colder. It was like when the Dementors came in Harry Potter. A strong gust of wind pulled my in all sorts of directions as I grabbed my suitcase to pull it close to me in order to keep it from blowing away. Then faster than my mind could process someone grasped me. The hands were rough and cold as they dragged me into the alley next to the Grill. I felt my head hit the wall and I grunted slightly in pain. The arms held me down pushing the air out of my small frame. I gasped for air hoping, praying to get a single breath. I looked up at my attacker and saw something horrible, something evil. It was like the monster I had always feared would be hiding in my closest when I was younger. I opened my mouth to let out a scream but nothing came out.

I felt a pinch in my neck and everything started to go fuzzy. I tried to squirm and shake myself of my attacker but I was stuck. For the second time in my nineteen years I felt utterly powerless. I wanted to move but I was paralyzed. The sensation slowly dripped out of my body until I assumed that I wasn’t even there at all.

My attacker then went flying. One second he was there and the next he was gone. I watched the creature and suddenly realized that he hadn’t just flung himself off of me, he had been removed by something much stronger than him. I heard a sickening snap causing me to look away. When I looked back I swore I saw a face and a body. I knew I recognized the face that was staring at me from somewhere and then I realized who it was. It was the boy from the grill. He had just saved my life. I blinked and then it was gone, all evidence of my attacker had disappeared except for a couple of bruises and two perfect bite marks on my neck.