✴️Chapter 35✴️: A christmas night to remember.

Start from the beginning

"Phillips killed Ezra?" Nora asked, rising to her feet immediately, she understood what Annabelle said.

"Who were you thinking did that? Dure who was busy with his wife and children back then? Or Wilson who was more concerned with his business than with one useless pawn?  Dure only knew Ezra was carrying a confidential document which he wanted to show you but I could swear on my life that he wasn't the one who killed Ezra"

Nora sat down as suddenly as she arose, her breathe suddenly shortening and her face turning all red in annoyance.

  "That dude named Phillips!" Nora's fist hit the table with force that the milk tea spilled and splattered all over the table.

"Care for cookies?" Tina offered Nora and Annabelle.

"Thanks. As for her, I don't think she needs any at the moment" Annabelle said, taking two big cookies from the plate while Nora suddenly barged out of there. She wanted to see Nanny. Her legs stomping on the poor snow, the crunching of the snow flakes suddenly filled the air, walking past Andre and the children who couldn't help but stop and wonder what had made her frown like that.

Nora walked all the way to the dinning hall to see if Nanny was there. But instead she met Mary, who was trying to arrange the snacks for the children.

"Where's Nanny?"  Nora asked Mary, who turned around to see who was talking only to meet the shocking face of angry Nora.

"In the basement?" Mary meowed out.

No words of gratefulness was said to Mary, Nora just marched to the basement, not stopping along the way.

On getting to the basement, the door was closed which she wasn't expecting. On the door was written a door sign which said "Do not enter!".

Nora hissed in annoyance, pulled the door sign down and stepped on it angrily before barging into the basement. She was just about to shout heavily on Nanny why she'd put up such a door sign but the words of offense rolled down her throat when she met Justin and Nanny standing in front of a opened wardrobe. She was curious as to what they were looking at inside the wardrobe, so she tiptoed till she got to their back.

"Since we don't need this again, Nanny, should we seal it up?" Justin asked Nanny, while Nora peeped over their shoulders to see what it was.

Behold, inside the wardrobe was a stairway leading into the darkness. She was surprised that such a thing actually existed in the very mansion she grew up in.

"Maybe that's the best choice. Later in the future, we can unseal it for your children". Nanny said, nodding simultaneously with Justin as they decided to close it.

"Where is this secret passageway leading too?" Was the only question Nora asked that sent everything into frenzy.

Because they weren't expecting her there, out of shock, Justin took a few step back wards till he could feel the first step of the stairway with his leg. Thankfully, he was holding the bannisters to the secret stairway or he would have definitely stumbled down the stairs. And as for Nanny, thankfully her blood pressure was under control or she would have almost died. Died of shock.

"What are you doing here?!" Nanny almost yelled in anger.

"Haven't you learned not to sneak up on people?" Justin clearly was slowly recovering from his panic attack which Nora just forced them to go through.

"You wouldn't be scared if you had nothing to hide. Acting up so secretly, did you really think I wouldn't find out one day?" Nora asked both of them, her hands clapped together behind her back like she was interrogating them.