49. Little Broken Hearts

Start from the beginning

Since he was feeling better now he took you here to this cafe.

Both of you got in and what you saw made your eyes widen and your heart stuck in one place. There was Jimin wearing the cafe's apron and serving coffee and cupcakes to the customers.

But why was he working in a cafe? Wasn't he financially rich like others?

"Hey," Jungkook calls out for Jimin, and Jimin who was focused on his work looks up at you both to pause and blink in surprise, "Oh, Hey" he dusted his hands approaching you both.

His eyes looked at you and then at Jungkook, confused, it was an odd sight to look at.

"I came with Y/n for a coffee," Jungkook points out, inserting his hands under his pocket, "I needed to talk to you both" he nervously says as you turn to him, "us?"

"Why?" Jimin asks, not understanding.

"Let's talk while we eat," Jungkook sighs, "You Join us too" Jungkook flickers Jimin's hair as Jimin hesitates a little, "The owner won't allow-" and Jungkook cuts him off, "I asked him already,"

And you both stood paused.

What was he on?

+++

Sipping the coffee Jungkook places it down on the bistro table. Wipes the end of his lips with the kerchief.

"So..." Jungkook starts, very carefully, "How's life huh?" He smugs with a chin tilt and both you and Jimin get weirded out.

"Can you just get to the point, I'd prefer that." Jimin crosses his arms. Leans back in his seat. Studies Jungkook's posture and he's nervous. He must be, after that stunt he pulled yesterday.

Jungkook sighed in distress, and scratched his temples, "It's about yesterday you know." You see where this is going. "What I did yesterday was disrespectful and disdainful." He places his hands on his lap and bows down. "I apologize."

You twist your lips. Murmur it's okay and Jungkook still waits until Jimin accepts his apology too. "What you did was childish, you know that right?" Jimin is stern, his voice a few octaves lower.

Jungkook silently bops his head.

It makes Jimin take an exhaled tired sigh, "Well, we provoked you." He is referring to Rose and him plotting the plan to make him jealous which went wrong. "It's okay, just don't do it again."

"Of course." He stiffly claims, sits up straight and smiles at the two of you. Jimin pats his shoulders.

He glanced between you two, "So, you two are good right?" He asks you and Jimin and you blink, fold your arms, "What do you mean?"

Jungkook shakes his head, "I mean, it didn't affect your relationship right?"

You frown, "Relationship?"

"He means friendship." Jimin cuts him, "He's stupid, don't pay attention to him."

"But you like her." Jungkook counters.

Your eyes find Jimin's immediately. He's shutting his eyes. Hands pinching his forehead. "Don't compliment things, Kook."

"Huh?" He doesn't understand. Gets a call. Excuses himself and goes out to take the call leaving you and Jimin be.

Jungkook knew Jimin liked you. Since the start. More the reason why he didn't see you as a woman he would like. He closed the doors of your chances with him the moment he must've learnt Jimin likes you.

All the efforts you put in were all wasted?

The question is why would Jimin say that to him? Why ruin your chances with him? Because he likes you? Because he doesn't want you to be with him?