Chapter 6: Friends Are Busy

Start from the beginning

Soon enough, it ended.

Nendou and Ichigo said they were going to play basketball at lunch, so that left Me, Kaido and Hachiman. However that quickly changed.

"Hiratsuka-sensei told me I was sleeping too much in class recently so I need to spend my lunch time with her in the teachers office." Hachiman weakly said.

"No running from that one huh?" I said. "What about you Kaido?"

Kaido seemed like he was ready to go somewhere, bag around his shoulder and everything. "Oh, I'm meant to meet with two other class C guys today. We're gonna watch the new episode of that new anime together." He said.

I'm going to assume that also means he's going to do some Chunibyo roleplay with them somewhere. Best to let him be I guess.

Now that just leaves... me.

This is the first time I've been left all alone. Usually I would have still had at least one more of them to hang out with, but today everyone seems busy with something.

Looking around, I saw Satomi and thought I could always try hanging out with her at school, but she was with a group of girls. That's a no go for me. Wouldn't want to overstep my confidence to smooth talk my way into a girl group.

I sighed; who would have thought this would be so troublesome. I'm not sure what to actually do as I've been hanging out with the group since day 1, and this is the first time I'm actual left with no one.

I said goodbye to Kaido and Hachiman and decided to go get something to at least eat.

Once I arrived at the cafeteria, I grabbed my trey and quickly got what I wanted to eat. Scanning the cafeteria, it seems everyone was mostly in groups. However I saw one person all by themselves enjoying their food.

This would be a good time to try and slide myself in, correct?

One small issue. It was Yumiko Sakaki.

I've tried to converse with her in class as she sits next to me, but she blatantly ignores me as if I don't exist.

Best to just stay away from her I guess.

I was about to head to another table until I noticed something.

Literally every other table was taken by a group of people. Meaning no table was actually free besides her one.

Oh No.

Seeing no other choice, I slowly approached the table. I stood from across her on the other side of the table. She still paid no attention to my presences.

I awkwardly sat down across from her, and noticed she was actually having a similar meal to me.

"Seems we have the same dishes."

...

Wow. Did I really suck at this more than I thought?

She at least looked up, but not at me and rather my food, before once again looking back down at hers and eating.

Maybe I should be more upfront with her?

"Sakaki. Why is it you don't like socialising with others?"

She actually doesn't really pay any mine to any other person, so it doesn't necessarily mean she has something against me.

Before I knew it, she actually placed her chopsticks down and looked at me properly for the first time ever. Obviously with a serious expression.

"Because I do not like people, nor do I require the need for others. I only need myself. Why do you insist to talk to me so much?"

"Well, we sit next to each other in class. The least we could do is have some sort of communication between the two of us." I told her.