𝟮𝟯 the debutant ball

Solange took a deep breath, her head falling in her lap after looking in the mirror, girls around her got ready, the giggling of teenage girls filled her ears "Solange!" Susannah's excited voice shouted. The blonde thought that after the breakdown she had it was most definite that she wouldn't do it, Lange loved Susannah so doing something to make her happy was the least she could do, even if they hadn't been as close "hey.."

"I got you something!" the woman paused, opening the small jewelry container, a gold necklace sat in the container with a series of small diamonds in the middle "it was Morgans, I was supposed to wait until your wedding but uh, it would look really good" Susannah was no longer cheerful as she took the necklace out.

"It's so pretty Solange" Belly said.

Susannah's fingers brushed the back of her neck, helping her put it on-she felt like crying none the less, Morgan was just a faint memory, she only started going through the picture book because she couldn't remember what her mother looked like even then she barely got to know her, have a memory of her own "thank you" Solange inhaled once more "have any of you seen Steven?" she asked.

The girl wanted to change the subject as quickly as possible "Steven?" belly said.

"Um, yea, he and Shayla broke up so he agreed to be my date" she lied, Solange didn't feel like confronting the matter head-on, it was a waste of time "oh, that's nice of him" Belly mumbled.

"Definitely...I think I heard our names being called" she didn't, standing in front of her best friend and lying just felt wrong and out of character for her, Susannah's eyes narrowed, leaving her and belly staring at each other.

The girls lined up, one behind the other whilst the guys stood on the opposite side, her nerves tensed, seeing a grinning Steven, Laurel wouldn't let them see each other she claimed it was a rule, in reality, she didn't want any teenage pregnancies, especially after that conversation she overheard "Gigi Boucheron, daughter of Richard and Leslie Boucheron, Gigi is a student at north field prep school" the woman announced.

That was the school Nova went to, she said it at least six times "Isabella Conklin, daughter of John Conklin and Laurel park, a student at Chester brook high-school where she is captain of the varsity Volleyball team."

Belly and Jeremiah met in the middle arms locking and of course, she didn't like the idea of that, it didn't matter though, it shouldn't "Isabella is also an avid swimmer and raised five thousand dollars for the county homeless shelter."

This was it, it was her moment.

Solange would have to walk on stage, not trip, not barf all over Steven, and hopefully not blink once the flash from the pictures hit her eyes "Solange Walton, daughter of Morgan Walton and Ezra Miller, a student at Canyon view high-school, a member of the national honors society. Solange raised seven thousand dollars for the gyrl wonder foundation."

Steven locked arms with her, peering down into the crowd where Shayla and her ex stood "hey pretty girl" Steven whispered as the pictures were being taken, she could feel her cheeks warm, giving a toothy grin, "that's new."

"I've never said that to anyone before so yea, it's new" he mumbled back, graciously walking off of the stage side by side. Solange glanced over, seeing an unhappy girl, it was more of a death stare "what did you say to Shayla? she doesn't look too happy" Lange peered back.

What did he say to her? nothing, Jeremiah left Belly standing alone, heading towards the bathrooms before sliding his mother's phone off of the table.