𝟬𝟴 stood up, again

Growing up in cousins one of Solanges' favorite part had been seeing Belly and Laurel every summer, for some reason, the friends at school didn't hit the same way-Isabella was someone she told anything to and she just couldn't find that in anyone else, her arm swiftly moved up and down, snapping on the beat as Laurel did the same moves next to her 'Timber' playing out of the television, Solange moved her arms like a girl riding a horse, sticking them out on beat "come on Lange!" Jeremiah cheered her on.

The two had this tradition, seeing who was better at the Just dance videos on the game a week or two before she left, every year Solange would win but Laurel would get better and better, she fanned herself, and the woman crossed her legs, their hands finding each other and they hopped around in a full circle, Solange pretended to rope her in as the black-haired woman jumped towards her. She could hear Susannah on the phone with someone, sounding upset.

The twelve-year-old took a glimpse at Laurel doing her part, she pretended to hold onto a cowboy hat, swaying her hips, and soon after she did the same thing, their arms went around, walking a few feet to the left, back to the right and lastly forwards, Laurel came behind her going from one side to the next whilst she turned the opposite direction "I think my mom will win this year" Steven grinned.

Laurel got on one knee, holding her hand out so Lange could go round and round "shut up Steph! I can't focus" the curly-haired girl complained, her arms in the sky, she was happier that day because Ezra, her father said he'd be in cousins meaning they could finally hang out, they'd only done so once over the last eight years she'd been here, Steven rolled his eyes, listening to his sister sing the theme song.

Belly once told her she felt left out on Just dance days the woman was never this fun back home, the stars were all hitting threes on her side "shut up Belly! that's not even funny..." Steven whined as the two moved their bodies down, Susannah smiled at the site, leaning against the living room doorframe "It kinda is dude" Jere said.

Solange danced in a circle once more before jumping on her back, a fake lasso in hand, she panted for breath along with Laurel waiting for the credit scene to see who won, they came close, the older woman being one star off "I won! again! ahh!" she cheered, practically running into Jeremiah's arms, "I was one-off" Laurel rolled her eyes.

Susannah smiled at the sight, "Solange, I need to talk to you sweetie" her voice was monotoned, not like everyone else's who had been joking and laughing, she looked at the boy wondering what was happening before pulling out of his hug-Lange followed the woman into the kitchen.

"Am I in trouble?" Solange asked.

"God, no, it's about your father" the blonde responded, she always found it funny how the younger girl always went to being in trouble as a first response, Solange's heart dropped, she already knew what she would say, he couldn't make it this year or something came up and it would be a 'next time' but she knew it wouldn't be, he'd probably never actually come "he uh, he couldn't make it this time," she said.

Before she would cry, be upset and isolate herself but this had happened at least four times now so instead, she nodded, "oh okay, can I go play?" Solange questioned her, Susannah felt bad, when she was growing up he was never like this, but things change, and people change, "yeah, don't let me stop you."

'Fool for you' played in the background on the speakers as she sprawled out on the daybeds, in the same exact spot from the night before but this time, the boy who she fell asleep on didn't accompany her, the same old black sunglasses covered her eyes along with the blanket covering most of her face, a gentle snore escaped her lips, the smell of bacon filled her nostrils with a deep breath "has she been asleep the entire time?" Laurel asked the young girl who sat playing on her tablet, the blonde little girl shrugged.

Laurel walked around towards the speaker, turning off the music and pulling the grey blanket away from her "Solange! wake up!" the woman shouted, shaking her body repeatedly, the teenage girl groaned, tugging back at the blanket "just a few more minutes" Lange responded, turning over.

"I said wake up! now Solange!" the raven-haired woman yelled, she rubbed her eyes, slowly opening them to the sound of beach waves and Cocomelon-the Conklin woman looked at the little girl again, realizing her shoes were gone and she didn't have any shorts "I'm up! okay, I'm up..." she trailed off, her head throbbing from all the margaritas she'd drank.

"You can't be sleeping while you're watching someone's child, you know better!" Laurel reprimanded her, Solange woke up completely, realizing Steven no longer laid next to her, and the two fell asleep together watching the fireworks but he was gone, he probably left before she woke up "come eat breakfast" she continued.

Solange glanced at the little girl, it was originally two kids, a little boy, and a little girl, only she sat in front of her "hey! where's ben?" she mumbled, still wiping the crust out of her eyes, once again the younger girl shrugged, paying attention to the tablet.

She found ben, he was in Conrad's room on his tablet, the two kids now stood in the living room, playing just dance similar to how she did when she was younger, Solange opened the fridge, looking for the milk, it wasn't any left so she looked back to Jeremiah who'd just poured the little left "dude, you're just gonna drink straight milk?" she questioned him, grabbing the cereal box and pouring in her mouth "uh yea? it's good for you" he responded.

"Imagine how much you shit."

"For your information, I don't poop a lot," Jeremiah humored her, he watched as she jumped onto the counter, scrolling through her messages, one from Susannah talking about new clothes she bought for her, Conrad asking if she knew where Belly was and then Steven. "You should poop at least once a day."

"Since when are you a doctor?" the blue-eyed boy asked, shuffling closer to her, he peered over her phone, seeing her click on the message from him-it read 'we should talk, lmk when you're done babysitting' he rolled his eyes, scoffing at the situation "it's common knowledge that you should poop everyday Jere, actually Bailey over there has shit herself three times" Solange joked, not looking up from her phone until she sent the message.

Jeremiah was jealous, he didn't like the fact that she liked Steven or the fact that he saw them kiss the day before, he smiled, grabbing the phone out of her hands before she could hit the send button "we should use our phones less, you know save the environment" he insisted, slipping the iPhone into his pocket "That's not- give me my phone back" the girl sighed, reaching for his pockets.

"What are you gonna do for it?" Jeremiah flirted, a smirk growing on his lips, towering over her, he slowly backed her into a wall, Solange should be used to his antics by now, he was a huge flirt and throughout their childhood, it got more frequent, he was her best friend but sometimes it made her knees weaken "I'm not gonna kiss you Jeremiah" she responded.

"Then why are you looking at my lips?" he whispered, she pulled him closer, reaching in his pocket to grab her phone, Conrad entered the kitchen "Jeremiah!" he scolded his brother.

The ocean-eyed boy's head shot back, groaning, Solange slipped from under him, a nervous smile on her lips "we talked about this! Solange don't you dare go anywhere" Conrad put a hand on his hip, pointing at her to stop in her tracks "I was just playing chill," Jeremiah said.

Ouch.

𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠
--------
word count: 1388
i'm the sweetest girl in
town so, WHY ARE YOU
SO MEANNNNNNNNN?
chapter ten >>>

this is me trying to make
the book fuller so have a
filler (that kinda rhymed)

INTERACT!
unedited.