Chapter 44

If it weren't for Mason's cologne all over my bed, I would've thought last night was a dream. I was in and out of consciousness the entire night listening to Mason quietly talk to our baby. I'm not quite sure what time exactly he came in, but soon after I feel asleep I heard light whispers.

At first I thought I was just dreaming, but soon after I realised I wasn't. My body was asleep but my mind was awake, I was aware of everything around me. Mason was up for the longest time speaking just to our baby.

He promised it that he would be there for them, how he'd rather die than not be present in their lives, how he'd never miss a single sports game or recital, how he'd be there every step of the way holding their hand.

He told our baby stories of his life back in England, how he used to be a mischievous boy and stress Kelly out all the time. He said 'mum said you're going to be a pain in my ass and get revenge for her' and I couldn't agree more.

He told it about us, how we met, how he was starstruck when he first saw me, how he so nervous asking me on our first date and to be his girlfriend. He told our baby how he'd never expected me to be with him this long and how he knew he loved me the moment he asked me to be his girlfriend almost four years ago.

My insides turned into mush every time he spoke, it's as though he doesn't know how to say anything but sweet things. He's the most perfect human and he doesn't even know it.

Laying my head on the island in the kitchen, mom placed a plate of pancakes and a plate of toast in front of me. The boys are still fast asleep considering it's nine in the morning and that too on a Saturday. The kids don't have school and dad took a day off so he could spend the day at home with us.

While I was eating a slice of toast, my phone buzzed on the counter and I can bet my life that it's Mason.

I'll be asking Athena whether or not
you finished your breakfast.
- Mason

You left early this morning.
- Everly

I had to get to work my love. I'll be
back tonight. Don't miss me ;)
- Mason

We won't 🙄
- Everly

Putting my phone down I quickly finished off the plate of toast before digging into the pancakes. I discovered that if I eat at least one slice of toast before each meal, my stomach get settled just eboigh for me to eat an actual meal. I do still end up throwing up, but not as much as I did earlier.

"Did you have horrible sickness when you were pregnant with the twins?" I asked mom as she took a seat next to me with her own breakfast.

"Thankfully I never got morning sickness. I was very lucky in that department, I probably would've ripped my own stomach out." She laughed as I rolled my eyes in amusement and stared at my phone.

I wonder if Annabelle had horrible morning sickness. I wonder what her symptoms were like. Was her first pregnancy hard? Did she have a miscarriage?

"...store today?" I heard her speak as I shook the thoughts away and turned to face her.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked again as she lightly slapped the back of my head.

"Always in the clouds aren't you." She laughed. "I asked if you wanted to go to the bookstore today." She repeated.

"Mhm, I need a couple books to read and I thought I might as well get some pregnancy books." I said as she thought about something for a second before quickly getting up.