Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Harmony has been looking out the window thinking about back at her house the shock she felt from Hunter's question.

Logan looks up at her with a questioning gaze then looks back at Hunter and replies, "No buddy I will make your mother cry."

Hunter looks at him for a moment longer deciding what he says is true then looks up at her when she ruffles his hair a bit and said, "Honey when do you ever see me cry."

Harmony always try to keep things like that away from Hunter. He turns to her and replies, "Whenever we come from visiting Grandpa and Grandma and Jeffery says he is not my dad. We come home and you go to your room and talk to Auntie Jade and Uncle Nate crying and you say you are mad even though you did a par-tu-nity test saying he is my daddy. I know it makes you angry so I don't talk about it."

"Oh honey don't worry yourself about that mommy is ok, I have you and that's all I need to make me happy," Harmony smiles at her son and kisses him on the forehead. "How about we just go have fun today with Logan. Okay?"

"Okay."

Logan looks across the car at Harmony staring out the window in deep thought and check his rear-view mirror and finds Hunter engrossed on the Nintendo that his mother gave him to keep him occupied on the way there. Looking back to the road he hopes this date will go smoothly and take Harmony's mind off whatever she is thinking.

***

"Wow this is awesome," Hunter exclaimed when they neared their destination. The multiple rides scattered across the park like the Ferris wheel, Carousel, Dream Catcher, Air Flyer and other spectacular rides. Off in the distance three small red flags blow in the wind on top of the circus tent and the smell of deep fried food and sweets traveled in the air along with the excited screams of children, game noise and celebratory cheers from people playing said games.

They made their way towards the tickets booth with a jumping Hunter who can't wait to go on rides and eat as many junk food as he can.

Harmony goes to take out her wallet when Logan stops her with his hand.

"What?" she questions him.

"I'm paying for everything so put your wallet back where you got it."

"Umm, no I would rather pay for my own stuff then have you pay for it for me."

"Well I guess you'll have to endure it for today because I'm not letting you pay for anything while I take you out," Logan puff out his chest.

"Fine but I'll pay next time no matter what you say," Harmony puts her wallet back in her pocket.

Logan smiles at her and says, "So there will be a second date after this."

Harmony looks away from him and says, "We'll see."

Logan bought them a Tyvek wristband-the ones when in Elementary school you would wear to field tips and it will take forever to come off if you don't cut it with a scissor- that says all access pass and 3 tickets to the circus show later that night.

"Alright buddy," he crouches down to Hunter's level, "What do you want to do now?"

"Rides, games then food." Hunter jumps around barely containing his excitement. "I want to go on this first." He said pointing to a rocket ride that goes in a circle in the distance.

Harmony watch Logan pick up her son and places him on his shoulders, Hunter has the look of utter joy on his face has he wraps his arms around Logan's head and throw his head back laughing without a care in the world. Women in ten feet radius look at their direction-women there with their kids or with their dates look Logan with Hunter like they could eat them whole then they look at her like what she's doing with a guy like that and what did she do to trap him with her.