05

"Oh she decides to pitch."Thea sarcastically said as I walked into our dorm room after I had taken my shower.

"I take it you were with JR."she sarcastically said as she pointed at JR's graphic tee that I had on.

"I'm here and I'll be there for the match too."I said as I began to change into my tennis attire.

"Don't bother. It feels like your first and only priority is JR now, whatever happened to us and tennis?"she asked as she looked at me.

"Thea that's ridiculous and you know it. I love tennis."I said as I rolled my eyes and slipped on my Bringston tennis sport tank top.

"I'm tired of lying for you everytime you're late, Reign. You came to college for tennis not a baseball player that will drop you for any whore on campus."Thea said as she stormed out of the room.

"Don't forget your Anxiety pills."she said from the other side of the door.

What the fuck did she even mean by that?

I opened the door and decided to lash out as well.

"Tennis is important to me too, Thea. Just because nobody on campus wants to be friends with you or even be in a same room with you doesn't mean that has to be my problem."I said to her before I shut the door behind me in anger.

After I got dressed I stormed over to the tennis court with Thea's stupid lecture still in my head.

Once I got there I greeted the tennis team that was there to support us and I had a whole conversation with Thea whilst glancing at Thea who was warming up.

"Woah. Are yall alright?"Simone asked as she noticed that I kept glancing at Thea.

"Thea is claiming that Tennis isn't important to me anymore. She has no right to say that."I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe she misses you, Mecca. You're always with JR."Simone said as she shrugged her shoulders slightly.

"Who's side are you on?"I jokingly said as I crossed my arms childishly which made her kiss her teeth before she playfully pushed me.

"I think your competition is here."Simone said as she nodded towards the tennis entrance.

I smiled as I looked at my grandmother and before I excused myself to Simone, I jogged towards my grandmother and hugged her tightly.

"Hi grandma."I excitedly said as I pulled away from the hug and held her hands.

"Hi sugar. How's college?"she asked as she kissed my forehead.

"Good, tiring."I admitted as I pulled away from the hug and held her hand but before I could tell her about more I was slightly shoved away by Thea, I rolled my  eyes at her childish act and decided to greet my grandmother's teammate.

"We're definitely going to beat yall."Grandma remarked as she playfully winked at us and lifted up her tennis racket.

"We'll see."I challenged as I smirked at her.

The tennis match went badly because Thea and I refused to communicate. We bumped into each other more times that we actually got points because we kept trying to get to the ball.

"What's your problem?"Thea hissed as she stood up after we had collided into each other once again.

"What's your problem, Thea? You're trying to be a hero by trying to get to the ball first. We're a team."I snapped as I walked towards her, I caught the ball that a teammate tossed my way not taking my eyes off Thea, obviously not wanting to back down from the glaring competition we were having.