Trust and fear

"Wait just a little longer Yuzuriha! As soon as we get more miracle water, the something-or other acid, I'll come save you right away!"

The platinum blonde girl placed a hand on her bigger friend's shoulder. "I'm sorry we couldn't de-petrify Yuzu. I promise we'll save her soon... and get her dressed beforehand." She sent the male a soft half smile.

Ever since the new guy, Tsukasa, joined their camp, she had been slightly on edge. He seemed nice enough thus far, but she had a feeling something was simmering inside of him. Her ginger friend had, very clearly, been excited to welcome their new ally. It was sweet, she has always seen the good in people, having such a positive outlook on things, and she's plenty smart too.

Liv glanced over her shoulder, Zenny was dancing while talking to Tsukasa and Taiju, who had now joined them. Senku was probably in their "Lab" working on a project. She sighed and ran her hand through her hair.
Maybe... maybe she was just paranoid, or pessimistic .. Zenny is clever enough to fend for herself. I will trust her judgment, and if something really is amiss, maybe, just maybe Zenny can have a positive impact on him.

The tall brunette on her mind made eye contact with her, probably wondering why she was looking at him with such intensity. She didn't bother hiding anything, so she just sent a crooked smile and moved to walk away.

...
...
...

Zenny sat down with a soft huff, legs still tingling with energy, but her lungs feeling worn. Tsukasa chuckled softly at her antics and continued sharpening his new spear.
Taiju left awhile ago to pick berries with her blonde friend.
She felt restless, having now lived in this Stone Age world for several months, she had gotten used to it. Well mostly. She prided herself in being quite level headed and good at making the best out of a situation. Still... she missed the safety and predictability her old life had.
She shook her head, trying to divert her thoughts, it will be okay. She's okay, it's fine.
Her restlessness slowly turned into dread and anxiety, she could feel her body twitching slightly now.
Stop. Please, it WILL BE FINE. She abruptly stood up and ran into the forest clearing, she needed some fresh air.
She sat down, tears started prickling in her eyes. Her hands started pawing at her skirt, come on Zenny! You know it will be fine, there's no reason to feel this way right now!
Usually Liv would stay with her when she felt like this, but she also knew that she couldn't always count on that...
I can get through this!

She starts humming a tune from a song she used to sing in the "old" world, the humming turned into singing, and not long after, she was singing her heart out.

After a few minutes, she stills, in between gasps for air. She felt much better.
With the back of her hand she wiped down her eyes and nose.
Suddenly she noticed the feeling of being observed, but before she could react to it, a velvety voice spoke up.
"You sing beautifully.."
She twisted her body around in surprise, Tsukasa was standing just a few meters away, looking at her with strong emotions in his eyes. Emotions she couldn't quite discern. "Ah?!" The sound forced its way out of her throat.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you. I just wanted to see if you were okay, when you suddenly ran off... I got worried."
he looked at his feet, seeming unsure. "That song... I know that song..." he looked like he wanted to say more, but held it in.
She couldn't help, but let a tiny giggle out. How unexpected, a wobbly smile spread on her face, the brunette looked up at her little sound.
"Thank you."
Now it was the long haired man's time to be surprised, "..Thank you? I didn't do much..." he looked ever so slightly embarrassed.
She giggled again, "Thank you for caring."

His mouth formed an 'O' shape, and she couldn't help, but find him irresistibly cute in that moment.
She walked up next to him, and was about to turn around and walk back to the camp, when Tsukasa, yet again, surprised her.

"Would you like a hug?"
"..eh?" She blushed as her brain came up blank.
"Uh, I just, back when... I used to, when she was afraid or sad, it help-" Zenny cut off his rushed mumbling, "Alright!"
"...alright?" He looked down at her. After looking at each other for about a minute he softly and carefully reached down and embraced the girl. She squished his firm torso with her arms, and looked at his face.
A small smile spread on her own, which made the male look at her almost quizzically.
"This, is the first time I can properly see your face.. you probably know by now, but without glasses... the world is just like a blur of colors.. which makes it hard to draw stuff..." she trailed off, the male softly hummed in response, "I'd love to draw you through! You're so pretty!" It flew past her lips by pure accident. Tsukasa stood up and coughed into his hand.
"Ah! Sorry!!"
In a panic the girl took off red-faced and giggling.
If she had looked back in that moment, she would have seen an equally red-faced Tsukasa.