Buff guy has joined the party

It was dark;
outside a beautiful almost purple night sky where upon millions and trillions of twinkling stars could be seen. Although at this moment in time, the three friends did not particularly care about that. Instead wishing that they could close their eyes and get some rest, but alas...

SNNOORRREEEEEE!1!1!1!

The moonlight illuminated the hut enough to be able to see the leek-haired guys' eyebrows twitch, dark circles under his eyes. A white haired girl held a tiny glare as she silently tsk'ed and turned around trying to cover her ears with her pillow.
Meanwhile a ginger was, mostly, unbothered by the snoring of their Oafy friend and instead trying to observe the bats flying in the night.
"...You know what Senku? Let's invent some earplugs tomorrow." The white-ette yawned out.
The three looked at each other and silently agreed. Turns out earplugs was important for a functioning modern society after all.

...

"GUYS! WAKE UP!"
The three all pulled their covers even further up.
"Murder is remarkably easier to get away with in a Stone Age world..." Senku mumbled.
"Come on guys!!" Taiju kept trying to motivate his sleep deprived buddies. "Senku, do we have the climate to grow coffee beans?"
Liv grumbled, voice barely awake yet.

"AIAIAGAHAI!!!" Zenny almost tripped down the latter again, being caught just last second by her best friend. "You know I would always tell to to look where you are walking... but"
"I'm sorry 🥺" Zenny cut in.
"... an emoji? ... never mind... let's just invent some glasses for you as soon as possible, so you can actually see stuff."

.
.
.

The four of them made it through the winter, everyday working hard on their de-petrification cure... and glasses. Sadly neither being successful.
Just the more reason to work even harder, like Senku said.

This changed on one faithful day though...

Get a container with nitric acid, fill it with wine, stir it around to even the texture and pour it on a petrified animal to see the results.
Nothing.
Use a smaller amount of acid, messure exactly how much you're using of each ingredient every time you pour in something... Experiment, work, this is the grueling hard work of science.
"Are we sure we aren't missing something?" The ginger grumbled, exhausted from all the trial and error. "I've already checked, Zenny. Give it time." The platinum blonde replied. Zenny sighed and sat down to rest. "Though it is taking an awful long time.." The blonde admitted. She looked over at her science partner hunched over his experiments "Senku, you agree we're doing it correctly, right?"
"I'm 10 billion percent sure this is how it's done. Now let me see.."

Suddenly a crash was heard behind them, startling all of them at once.
"SORRY!!!" Their burly buddyboy had knocked over some of the newly brewed formula and let it spill on a petrified feather. Senku got up in a hurry to assess the damage the big oaf had done, before realizing what just happened. "You big oaf! Hand me that!" He grinned and took the last remaining bits of formula and poured it onto a petrified dove.
Everyone watched in anticipation...
...
...
...
A little crack emerged;
Crack
Crack!
Swoooosh!!
the stone bristled and fell apart, letting the dove emerge and fly away.
The group was ecstatic. "WE DID IT!!!" Zenny jumped up and embraced Liv "We did! But how...?" She looked at Senku who immediately smirked and took a proud stance "Well if it wasn't for this big oaf here, I wouldn't have noticed. When he dropped the fluid it de-petrified parts of a feather it spilled upon.." He explained with much prowess, as if this had been part of the plan. Liv snickered "Good thing I got the idea to make extra formula in case we-"