Stone World

.
.
.
It's dark...
She had stopped counting after the first 1000th year, choosing to instead focus on more important things. Such as wondering if cats still existed... She sure hoped they did.
It was times like now where she felt both blessed and cursed to have a photographic memory. In the thousands of years that had passed since she last saw the sun, her mind had been replaying everything she had witnessed up until that point over and over again. The good and the bad. But she was getting impatient, she had someone important to look out for after all.
...
What happened that fateful day? She was determined to figure that out as well.
She had never once let her consciousness drift into the ever so alluring abyss while paralyzed. Instead spending her time planning and trying to make sense of life... could you even call this living? It's more of a limbo isn't it...
Often her thoughts would circle and loop until they found a satisfactory answer, but that didn't bother her anymore. It's not like time was scarce... she almost missed those times where Zenny and her stayed up late at night to finish some boring group assignment due for the upcoming day.
Time truly was just a social construct...
.
.
.
Don't get it twisted. She won't give up, she will never give up, she has a purpose!
She-

Crack

..What was that?

Crack

Light?!
..
I can see light??

CRACK

A white haired girl fell to her knees, as the stone shell that had been encapsulating her for thousands of years suddenly crumbled away.

She took a deep breath, staring almost desperately into the ground below her. She could feel her body shake as she started petting the wild grass beneath her. I'm free, IM FREE!
"IM FREEE!!"
She shot up from the ground, not caring about anything but the euphoria of being able to smell the world and move her limbs again. She spun around, dancing and wailing of happiness.
Dizzy, she plopped onto her back, the clouds... they are beautiful.. where they always this beautiful?
...
I never noticed..
She smiled, and sighed, then she propped herself onto her elbows. It was a beautiful day, the sun was out and it was the right temperature... and
well she had no fucking idea where on earth she was.
I knew the world would have changed if I ever escaped, but still.. it feels so weird.

The animals and plants are beautiful, nature is thriving, but this is not the domain of human's anymore... it's like we're back to the Stone Age.
...At least the Ozon layer should have healed now.

She stood up again,
Step one of her plan was trying to locate any other people besides her.
She surveyed the area surrounding her. No live humans, just stone statues...
And worst of all.. No Zenny.
Her second step was to find Zenny. Wondering why this wasn't number one? Well because, naively she had possibly hoped that Zenny would also break free by herself when she did.
Seemingly that wasn't the case. I WILL find her. She assured herself.
Step three was looking for shelter, clothes and food sources. She already knew water wouldn't be an issue due to the flourishing fauna around her.
The hill she was on allowed for a good vantage point, but it was way too open to provide any coverage from the wind or possible predators. Picking a random direction, she started walking,

never forgetting to look for Zenny... just in case.

.
.
.

Memories