𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓼 𝓔𝓿𝓮

Saturday night has finally arrived and Y/N and his parents were heading to Tom's house. In the car, Y/N is texting Tom.

"My parents are really excited tonight, dunno why... I don't like this"

" They are happy to celebrate Christmas, that's probably it."

" No they didn't want to go at first so... I don't think it's that."

"Nice ig"

"Be there in 5 minutes"

Y/N switches his phone off and waited excitedly to finally arrived at Tom's house. When they arrived Tom was already waiting for them to arrive. They left the car and Tom went inside.

Both Y/N's parents and Tom's parents are meeting for the first time which strikes the boys, they had totally forgotten this detail.

It's 5 pm and everyone is sitting in the living room even Y/N and Tom to see what their parents are going to talk about and hoping it's not about them, of course, it was about them, it was the easy way to start a conversation.

So they left to go to the kitchen to look at what was cooking and escape this awkward conversation.

"It was just so predictable!" Tom said laughing

"Well you're the one who's more in trouble we're in your house, we might go back there if they show photos of you."

"Don't you dare do that!" Both of them laugh

"Wait here, I have to give you something!" Tom said leaving Y/N alone in the kitchen.

Tom rushed into his bedroom to get an envelope on his desk and go back into the kitchen.

"There!" Tom gives the envelope to Y/N

"Y/N opens the envelope to find a plane ticket to L.A at the end of June."

"But - why? Is there a reason or something I'm not getting?"

"I've received a message that I was invited to vidcon to be part of the Mcyt panel and you're coming with me!"

"That's incredible!! I've never been to L.A!." Y/N said

" I also have something for you." Y/N said leaving the room and go look for Tom's present in his bag.

Y/N comes back into the kitchen with a book-shaped present in his hands. " it's not much but there."

Y/N gives the present to Tom. Tom unwraps the present to find a book of photos. Tom goes through it to find photos of both of them since last year, school photos, parties, sleepovers, travelling and... Empty pages. " I left some pages if you want to add more to it."

Tom stay speechless in front of the photo book, did he find the gift lame, was he thinking of something nice to say?" it's incredible! I love it!"

" It's nothing really."

" It's everything!" Tom closes the photo book and put his phone holding on one of the kitchen cupboards, opens the camera and lunch the countdown.

" what are you doing?" Y/N said giggling

" you said I could add my photos to it, let's make one then!" Tom lunch the countdown, and pull Y/N in for a kiss.

Diner had finally arrived and everyone regrouped in the living room.

What are you doing in life? Tom's mom asked Y/N's parents

Y/N's mother swallows the food in her mouth before answering. "I'm a French teacher at the College"

"And me, I'm a chef at the new restaurant in the centre of Nottingham"

Both Y/N and Tom looked at him surprised. "Since when?" Y/N asked

"Apparently this is news for everyone, congrats!" Tom's father said "Let's have a drink" He left the table to go grab a bottle.

"That's nice. Still at College Y/N?"

"Yeah, and I'm working half-time at a café now. I try to make my own money in a way" They don't have to know about the money problems.

Tom definitely knows that you're lying

His father comes back with a bottle of champagne and 6 glasses. "You'll have some boys?"

Both of the boys looked at each other. "I'll have some but not a full glass." Tom says. "We'll share one" Y/N said

Everyone's eating Christmas dinner, the Turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and vegetables. All the parents are taking another drink to celebrate, they drink too much for Y/N and his parents to go home safely so Tom's parents invited Y/N and his family to stay here for the night.

When dinner was over everyone helped clean the table and dishes before doing the Simon's annual Christmas Karaoke.

As the karaoke was going on, Tom noticed some white stuff falling outside. He looked closely to the window to notice the snow. "It's Snowing!" He yelled in his house.

All of a sudden everyone was outside, looking at the snow falling on the ground. Tom and Y/N holding each other by the shoulder and enjoying the snow and thinking about the year that just passed. The hardships, the meetings, the new friendships and even lovers, overall it was a good year for both of them even if they were some lows.

A/N: 4 chapters left, and it's getting harder and harder to write this ;-; (Low-key don't want to end this)